Syncing windows passwords

Bill

      1st Jun 2006
Hi-

please forgive my ignorance here as I know nothing about NDS. We
installed a new Dell 2850/Win 2003 imaging server. The XP scanning
stations connect UNC drive mapping and all have the standard Netware
client installed. Every 45 days, Netware forces the users to change
passwords which undoes the sync between our windows clients (scanning
stations) and the server, so our UNC drive mappings no longer work. In
order to fix this, we'd have to add users to the server and manually
update their passwords every 45 days. There has to be utility that does
this or another way around...I just can't find it. A kick in the right
direction would be much appreciated!

Thanks-
Bill

=?Utf-8?B?RGFuSg==?=

      19th Jun 2006
Hi,

I'm not sure if you've now arrived at an answer to your question, but having
seen your question, the best thing I can suggest is a product called 'Novell
Account Management'. I'm not entirely sure if the product is still
available, or still in support, but it will sync passwords from NDS, across
to AD as far as I know.

I've only had limited exposure to it, and know that it can be picky with the
version of NDS/eDir that is in use, so caution is needed, particularly with
Schema extension.

Microsoft have a similar tool MSDSS, but as far as I know, this doesn't do
passwords.

Are you planning to continue to maintain the mixed environment?

Cheers

Dan

MCSE, MCSA, CNA

"Bill" wrote:

> Hi-
>
> please forgive my ignorance here as I know nothing about NDS. We
> installed a new Dell 2850/Win 2003 imaging server. The XP scanning
> stations connect UNC drive mapping and all have the standard Netware
> client installed. Every 45 days, Netware forces the users to change
> passwords which undoes the sync between our windows clients (scanning
> stations) and the server, so our UNC drive mappings no longer work. In
> order to fix this, we'd have to add users to the server and manually
> update their passwords every 45 days. There has to be utility that does
> this or another way around...I just can't find it. A kick in the right
> direction would be much appreciated!
>
> Thanks-
> Bill

Your_Name