synchronize w2k local user accounts and domain user accounts

=?Utf-8?B?bGxveWRh?=

      30th Mar 2004
Dear Al

I need to roll out a w2k server (domain) from a nt4 workgroup.

The prob I have is synchronising the local users machine accounts and the account on the w2k server, so they keep their local desktop and settings. I do not really want to re-configure all desktop machines. Does anyne know how I can easily do this please

Originally I posted this in the wrong discussion group, under w2k general, sorry

Thank

Lloy

Lanwench [MVP - Exchange]

      30th Mar 2004
You can't sync them. And you don't want to have local accounts anyway - get
rid of them after you've resolved the profile issue. Everyone needs to log
into the domain or you're really defeating the purpose of it.

You can copy the profiles (control panel | system) from the local to the
domain account, while logged in w/domain admin permissions, after the domain
user has logged in once--or recreate the profiles if it doens't work right.
If you had a workgroup, you can't have had that many
workstations....redirect My Documents to the users' home directories to make
sure nothing is getting stored in the default profile folders.