Symbols in Excel 2007 Chart

johnmclaughlin48@gmail.com

      4th Sep 2007
Dear Group,

Hello. I would like to use the greek mu symbol in an Excel 2007
histogram. I am able to convert the "m" into the proper "mu" symbol
in the spreadsheet itself but this is not reflected in the resulting
graphic. I need for my X axis label to be represented by the proper
greek letter, not m. Does anyone know how to fix this issue?

Thank you in advance.

John McLaughlin

Jon Peltier

      4th Sep 2007
In many fonts, holding Alt while typing 0181 on the numeric keypad produces
. This means you don't have to change the font for some of the characters
in a text element (and many text elements cannot be formatted character by
character).

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
_______

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Dear Group,
>
> Hello. I would like to use the greek mu symbol in an Excel 2007
> histogram. I am able to convert the "m" into the proper "mu" symbol
> in the spreadsheet itself but this is not reflected in the resulting
> graphic. I need for my X axis label to be represented by the proper
> greek letter, not m. Does anyone know how to fix this issue?
>
> Thank you in advance.
>
> John McLaughlin

johnmclaughlin48@gmail.com

      4th Sep 2007
On Sep 4, 11:46 am, "(E-Mail Removed)"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Dear Group,
>
> Hello. I would like to use the greek mu symbol in an Excel 2007
> histogram. I am able to convert the "m" into the proper "mu" symbol
> in the spreadsheet itself but this is not reflected in the resulting
> graphic. I need for my X axis label to be represented by the proper
> greek letter, not m. Does anyone know how to fix this issue?
>
> Thank you in advance.
>
> John McLaughlin

Thanks Jon, This worked! I didn't know about this method and did not
expect it to work. Before you sent this message I went ahead and
imported the graphic into PowerPoint without the labels and then put
the labels in by hand- very time consuming. Your method will save me
a great deal of time in the future.

Thanks again.

Take care,

John