symbol of a hand with a finger pointing out

L. T. Portella

      24th Jul 2003
somehow sometime ago I found a symbol or picture of a hand with a finger
pointing out. When I print in my old computer it prints nicely but when I
try to print it in my new computer all I get is literally the letter k two
times: KK . Can someone help me?
http://www.pcreview.co.uk/forums/(E-Mail Removed)

Suzanne S. Barnhill

      24th Jul 2003
Given these clues, it's likely you used a character from a font that is not
installed on your new computer, such as Adobe Woodtype Ornaments (though the
hands are mapped to E and F in that font). If you can ascertain what font is
involved, you can copy it to your new computer. Or you can use a similar
character from another font. Similar characters may be found in Wingdings
(characters 69 and 70--i.e., E and F).

--
Suzanne S. Barnhill
Microsoft MVP (Word)

"L. T. Portella" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:3MJTa.107801$(E-Mail Removed)...
> somehow sometime ago I found a symbol or picture of a hand with a finger
> pointing out. When I print in my old computer it prints nicely but when I
> try to print it in my new computer all I get is literally the letter k two
> times: KK . Can someone help me?
> (E-Mail Removed)

Hi Ho Silver

      27th Jul 2003
There are several hands with finger pointing in the Character Map...I use a
lot of symbols from Character Map and have a shortcut for it placed on the
Quick Launch area at the left of my Taskbar, comes in handy.
John
-----------------------
"L. T. Portella" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:3MJTa.107801$(E-Mail Removed)...
> somehow sometime ago I found a symbol or picture of a hand with a finger
> pointing out. When I print in my old computer it prints nicely but when I
> try to print it in my new computer all I get is literally the letter k two
> times: KK . Can someone help me?
> (E-Mail Removed)

Suzanne S. Barnhill

      27th Jul 2003
Another tip: if you insert a symbol such as a pointing hand at the beginning
of a line (paragraph) and find that it has suddenly turned into another
symbol, blame Word's AutoCorrect "correcting" the symbol to a "capital."
This drove me crazy for a while on one occasion when the pointing hand I was
inserting from Woodtype Ornaments kept switching directions!

--
Suzanne S. Barnhill
Microsoft MVP (Word)
Words into Type
Fairhope, Alabama USA
Word MVP FAQ site: http://www.mvps.org/word
all may benefit.

"Hi Ho Silver" <24601@hidden> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Thanks for that tip, Suzanne, I learned something!
> John
>
> "Suzanne S. Barnhill" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:Oz0YWr$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > The Character Map is merely one way of accessing font characters. Word's

> own
> > Insert | Symbol dialog does much the same thing and is much easier to

use
> in
> > Word documents.
> >
> > --
> > Suzanne S. Barnhill
> > Microsoft MVP (Word)
> > Words into Type
> > Fairhope, Alabama USA
> > Word MVP FAQ site: http://www.mvps.org/word
> > Email cannot be acknowledged; please post all follow-ups to the

newsgroup