Switching BCM between computers

Joepie

      5th Jun 2010
For Outlook you can switch Outlook.pst between two computers by keeping it on
a external harddisk or SD card. But what do I do with BCM to keep it
synchronised? I was not thinking about backing it up, but a more easy way? If
there is any please let me know

Sorry for the earlier mesage, it was not complete.

PK

Hao Zhou (MSFT)

      16th Jun 2010
On Jun 5, 8:11*am, Joepie <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> For Outlook you can switch Outlook.pst between two computers by keeping it on
> a external harddisk or SD card. But what do I do with BCM to keep it
> synchronised? I was not thinking about backing it up, but a more easy way? If
> there is any please let me know
>
> Sorry for the earlier mesage, it was not complete.
>
> PK

The easiest way is if you had two copies of BCM and Outlook, one
installed on
each machine. Then you can simply go to BCM and click on the share
database
option, and connect to it on the other machine (you would want to
select
change database, and then select remote database). Voila! Now you
have two
machines that will use the same database.

Joepie

      24th Jun 2010
On Jun 16, 1:21*am, "Hao Zhou (MSFT)" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> On Jun 5, 8:11*am, Joepie <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> > For Outlook you can switch Outlook.pst between two computers by keepingit on
> > a external harddisk or SD card. But what do I do with BCM to keep it
> > synchronised? I was not thinking about backing it up, but a more easy way? If
> > there is any please let me know

> > Sorry for the earlier mesage, it was not complete.

> > PK

> The easiest way is if you had two copies of BCM and Outlook, one
> installed on
> each machine. *Then you can simply go to BCM and click on the share
> database
> option, and connect to it on the other machine (you would want to
> select
> change database, and then select remote database). *Voila! *Now you
> have two
> machines that will use the same database.

Thanks!