How to switch users in Outlook

=?Utf-8?B?RGVubmll?=

      8th Sep 2005
I am used to using Outlook Express on my old computer. My new computer has
Outlook. There are two users in our family. How do we switch users so that
we are not reading each other's mail in Outlook? Outlook Express has a
"switch users" selection but Outlook does not.

Vince Averello [MVP-Outlook]

      8th Sep 2005
Outlook typically depends on different OS level user logins. What OS are you
using?

"Dennie" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I am used to using Outlook Express on my old computer. My new computer has
> Outlook. There are two users in our family. How do we switch users so
> that
> we are not reading each other's mail in Outlook? Outlook Express has a
> "switch users" selection but Outlook does not.

=?Utf-8?B?YXpoZWF0?=

      8th Sep 2005
Hello Vince - I am interested in the answer to this question also. I am
using Outlook 2002 and my OS is Office XP Home Edition. Would appreciate
any help. Thx.

"Vince Averello [MVP-Outlook]" wrote:

> Outlook typically depends on different OS level user logins. What OS are you
> using?
>
> "Dennie" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> >I am used to using Outlook Express on my old computer. My new computer has
> > Outlook. There are two users in our family. How do we switch users so
> > that
> > we are not reading each other's mail in Outlook? Outlook Express has a
> > "switch users" selection but Outlook does not.

Vince Averello [MVP-Outlook]

      8th Sep 2005
In XP it's easy to setup multiple users and to login as them. Set them up,
login as them and start Outlook. It should go through the config steps for
each user separately and store the data in each user's directory

"azheat" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hello Vince - I am interested in the answer to this question also. I am
> using Outlook 2002 and my OS is Office XP Home Edition. Would
> appreciate
> any help. Thx.

Diane Poremsky [MVP]

      9th Sep 2005
Close Outlook and open it to a different profile - if it doesn't give you
the profile dialog look in control panel, mail and set it to let you choose
the profile. Or you can create shortcuts that open a specific profile.
http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/switches.htm - look for the /profile
switch.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]