svchost.exe error message

Cuco

      15th Sep 2003
After about 5 minutes of logging to the Internet I get
this error message "svchost.exe has generated errors, it
will be shut down by windows. An error log is being
created". After this happens I can not log out of the
Internet and I have to pull my telephone cord. I use dial-
up, Win2000 Professional OS. What is this?

Thank you

callsan

      17th Sep 2003
hm...seems you have a virus..... check it out run a virus checker

i had the same problem i ended up reformating my hdd and starting fresh and
now i have other problems but it solved my svchost one....also what SP do
you have? try upgrading to SP4 if you can

news:04f801c37bcd$a4ed19a0$(E-Mail Removed)...