svchost and msblast

MG

      11th Aug 2003
Hi, please help.

Event error 7031 repeatedly occurs on my system. I use
Windows 2000 pro SP3. what is this event error and why
does it keep happening. Also the file application of
svchost.exe is in 2 folders, system32 and
system32/dllcache folder. is this correct. And my
dllcach folder in the system32 directory is blue in color
is this correct?

Also does anyone know what process in the task manager is
msblast.exe - what is this for is it a problem. I don't
remember seeing it before.

Thanks in advance,
MG

Mad Fenian

      12th Aug 2003
On Mon, 11 Aug 2003 12:12:38 -0700, "MG" <(E-Mail Removed)> scribbled:

>>Hi, please help.
>>
>>Event error 7031 repeatedly occurs on my system. I use
>>Windows 2000 pro SP3. what is this event error and why
>>does it keep happening. Also the file application of
>>svchost.exe is in 2 folders, system32 and
>>system32/dllcache folder. is this correct. And my
>>dllcach folder in the system32 directory is blue in color
>>is this correct?
>>
>>Also does anyone know what process in the task manager is
>>msblast.exe - what is this for is it a problem. I don't
>>remember seeing it before.
>>
>>Thanks in advance,
>>MG

msblast is a worm that will cause your computer to shut down.
Happened to me a million times today before I finally figured out what
the problem was. Apparently it just hit the market today given that
every post on google is dated 8/11/03.

Go here for Symantec info on the little bastard:

http://securityresponse.symantec.com...ster.worm.html

and then go here to get info from Microsoft:

http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=823980

You will need to update and install the patch to get rid of the virus.

Alvin Leung

      12th Aug 2003
msblast.exe is a virus, you can find more information about it at
http://securityresponse.symantec.com...aster.worm.htm

news:093801c3603c$87bed280$(E-Mail Removed)...