surface in radar charts in Excel

elka

      9th May 2006

Dear All,
Maybe someone knows how to calculate a surface of radar chart for on
series.

Your support will be apreciated, very much

Thanks & regards

elk

--
elk
elka's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=3426

Andy Pope

      9th May 2006
Hi,

Break the problem down by calculating the area of each triangle in the
radar plot and then summing them.
Assuming your data series for a 3 point radar chart is in A1:A3 put this
formula into B1 and copy down to B3.

B1: =0.5*A1*A2*SIN(DEGREES(360/3))

To make the last points formula work you will need to reference point 1.
The easiest way to do this is to add a formula in A4 which references A1
A4: =A1

To find the area sum B1:B3

Cheers
Andy