Sun Star Office 8 now free for Schools/Students

Gordon Darling

      5th Oct 2005
http://www.sun.com/software/star/sta...businesses.jsp

scroll to foot of page

http://www.sun.com/products-n-soluti...taroffice.html

"How to Get StarOffice 8 - Individuals

"If you are a student, researcher, staff, or faculty member you can
download StarOffice 8 for free from Sun's Software Download Center. Login
into the Sun Software Download Center by using your user name and
password. If you do not have a user name or password for the Sun Software
Download Center please register."
http://javashoplm.sun.com/ECom/docs/...nsactionId=try

Regards
Gordon

FTR

      6th Oct 2005
Gordon Darling wrote:
> http://www.sun.com/software/star/sta...businesses.jsp
>
> scroll to foot of page
>
> http://www.sun.com/products-n-soluti...taroffice.html
>
> "How to Get StarOffice 8 - Individuals
>
> "If you are a student, researcher, staff, or faculty member you can
> download StarOffice 8 for free from Sun's Software Download Center. Login
> into the Sun Software Download Center by using your user name and
> password. If you do not have a user name or password for the Sun Software
> Download Center please register."
> http://javashoplm.sun.com/ECom/docs/...nsactionId=try
>
> Regards
> Gordon

Thank you, Gordon, a very useful hint

Frank

casioculture

      8th Oct 2005

Gordon Darling wrote:
> http://www.sun.com/software/star/sta...businesses.jsp
>
> scroll to foot of page
>
> http://www.sun.com/products-n-soluti...taroffice.html
>
> "How to Get StarOffice 8 - Individuals
>
> "If you are a student, researcher, staff, or faculty member you can
> download StarOffice 8 for free from Sun's Software Download Center. Login
> into the Sun Software Download Center by using your user name and
> password. If you do not have a user name or password for the Sun Software
> Download Center please register."
> http://javashoplm.sun.com/ECom/docs/...nsactionId=try
>
> Regards
> Gordon

I really wish all schools would download this and stop using MS Office.

casioculture

      8th Oct 2005

Gordon Darling wrote:
> http://www.sun.com/software/star/sta...businesses.jsp
>
> scroll to foot of page
>
> http://www.sun.com/products-n-soluti...taroffice.html
>
> "How to Get StarOffice 8 - Individuals
>
> "If you are a student, researcher, staff, or faculty member you can
> download StarOffice 8 for free from Sun's Software Download Center. Login
> into the Sun Software Download Center by using your user name and
> password. If you do not have a user name or password for the Sun Software
> Download Center please register."
> http://javashoplm.sun.com/ECom/docs/...nsactionId=try
>
> Regards
> Gordon

I really wish all schools would download this and stop using MS Office.

Richard Steinfeld

      9th Oct 2005
FTR wrote:
> Gordon Darling wrote:
>
>> http://www.sun.com/software/star/sta...businesses.jsp
>>
>> scroll to foot of page
>>
>> http://www.sun.com/products-n-soluti...taroffice.html
>>
>> "How to Get StarOffice 8 - Individuals
>>
>> "If you are a student, researcher, staff, or faculty member you can
>> download StarOffice 8 for free from Sun's Software Download Center. Login
>> into the Sun Software Download Center by using your user name and
>> password. If you do not have a user name or password for the Sun Software
>> Download Center please register."
>> http://javashoplm.sun.com/ECom/docs/...nsactionId=try

What are the practical differences between Star Office and Open Office?

Richard

Vic Dura

      9th Oct 2005
On Sat, 08 Oct 2005 23:33:01 GMT, Richard Steinfeld
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote Re Re: Sun Star Office 8 now
free for Schools/Students:

>FTR wrote:
>> Gordon Darling wrote:
>>
>>> http://www.sun.com/software/star/sta...businesses.jsp
>>>
>>> scroll to foot of page
>>>
>>> http://www.sun.com/products-n-soluti...taroffice.html
>>>
>>> "How to Get StarOffice 8 - Individuals
>>>
>>> "If you are a student, researcher, staff, or faculty member you can
>>> download StarOffice 8 for free from Sun's Software Download Center. Login
>>> into the Sun Software Download Center by using your user name and
>>> password. If you do not have a user name or password for the Sun Software
>>> Download Center please register."
>>> http://javashoplm.sun.com/ECom/docs/...nsactionId=try
>>>

>What are the practical differences between Star Office and Open Office?
>
>Richard

Here's a review of SO which makes some comparisons with OO.

http://software.newsforge.com/articl...d=93&pagenum=1
--
To email me directly, remove CLUTTER.

New Member

      3rd Jun 2012
I need Star office 8 for free download..