PC Review

subnet shariing

17th Sep 2009
Guys,

I'm sure this was posted somewhere else. But I haven't found an answer on my problem.

I have two different sub nets which are needed, 192.168.1.0/24 192.168.2.0/24 separated by a cisco 2600. I can ping just find and use all my apps between subnets. My problem is when I view my network neighbor hood from the 192.168.1.0/24 i can only see the users in that mask only, and same if i look at a users from the 192.168.2.0/24. But never can see both on any side. I also have this problems with printers. Is this a net bios thing. Do i need to set my DC 2000k with two nic one for each sub net for this to work?. or do i need to create a wins server

any help would be great thanks!!!

25th Sep 2009
It's by design... the browser service (effectively part of NetBios) scans / builds a catalogue of everything on it's local sub net. If it scanned everything that would be a very big list of systems and an awfull amount of traffic generated.

There are ways around it... please read http://support.microsoft.com/kb/117633

Looking for a Tag Line
_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

NO! I'm not coming to bed yet....
I'm still playing EVE

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: