tioumen

      30th Apr 2008
Hello All !

I have a problem with subinacl :-) That's why I'm there...

I would like to apply rights for a group on a drive named E:\ but I
don't want to apply the rights in each subdirectorie on this drive and
neither on new subdirectories created later...

I have tried with calcls but I found on the web that cacls doesn't
work with special permissions.

Please if somebody have the solution, let me know.

thanks a lot in advance for your time ;-)

Herb Martin

      1st May 2008

"tioumen" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hello All !
>
> I have a problem with subinacl :-) That's why I'm there...
>
> I would like to apply rights for a group on a drive named E:\ but I
> don't want to apply the rights in each subdirectorie on this drive and
> neither on new subdirectories created later...
>
> I have tried with calcls but I found on the web that cacls doesn't
> work with special permissions.
>
> Please if somebody have the solution, let me know.

XCacls works with (some) special permissions and can distinguish
between inheritable and directory ONLY permissions. ICacls.exe
too I think (but that is newer.)

Also on SourceForge.net is SetAcl for Win32 which can do most
anything with permissions if you can tolerate the command line
syntax (using save to get scriptable examples is one trick.)

tioumen

      2nd May 2008
On 1 mai, 11:54, "Herb Martin" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> "tioumen" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>
> > Hello All !

> > I have a problem with subinacl :-) That's why I'm there...

> > I would like to apply rights for a group on a drive named E:\ but I
> > don't want to apply the rights in each subdirectorie on this drive and
> > neither on new subdirectories created later...

> > I have tried with calcls but I found on the web that cacls doesn't
> > work with special permissions.

> > Please if somebody have the solution, let me know.

> XCacls works with (some) special permissions and can distinguish
> between inheritable and directory ONLY permissions. *ICacls.exe
> too I think (but that is newer.)
>
> Also on SourceForge.net is SetAcl for Win32 which can do most
> anything with permissions if you can tolerate the command line
> syntax (using save to get scriptable examples is one trick.)

Thanks a lot for your help mate ;-)

I have found a solution with subinacl... In fact I have put the rights
and special permissions on a folder... after that I have done a backup
of the rights... After that I edited the file and deleted all the
informations do not needed...

Then i have "played" the file with the rights information ( I have
replace the path C:\temp by C:\ ) heyhey enjoyed ... I haven't got the
right syntaxe now ... I will come back with the syntaxe later...

Have a nice evening ;-)

Herb Martin

      4th May 2008

"tioumen" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
On 1 mai, 11:54, "Herb Martin" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> "tioumen" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>
> > Hello All !

> > I have a problem with subinacl :-) That's why I'm there...

> > I would like to apply rights for a group on a drive named E:\ but I
> > don't want to apply the rights in each subdirectorie on this drive and
> > neither on new subdirectories created later...

> > I have tried with calcls but I found on the web that cacls doesn't
> > work with special permissions.

> > Please if somebody have the solution, let me know.

> XCacls works with (some) special permissions and can distinguish
> between inheritable and directory ONLY permissions. ICacls.exe
> too I think (but that is newer.)
>
> Also on SourceForge.net is SetAcl for Win32 which can do most
> anything with permissions if you can tolerate the command line
> syntax (using save to get scriptable examples is one trick.)

Thanks a lot for your help mate ;-)

I have found a solution with subinacl... In fact I have put the rights
and special permissions on a folder... after that I have done a backup
of the rights... After that I edited the file and deleted all the
informations do not needed...

Then i have "played" the file with the rights information ( I have
replace the path C:\temp by C:\ ) heyhey enjoyed ... I haven't got the
right syntaxe now ... I will come back with the syntaxe later...

Have a nice evening ;-)

Good job -- Permissions (on objects) not rights however. Rights
are given DIRECTLY to users (i.e., Security Principals) while
Permissions are assigned on an object to allow access for user
to that object.

tioumen

      4th May 2008
On 4 mai, 05:23, "Herb Martin" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> "tioumen" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On 1 mai, 11:54, "Herb Martin" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>

> > "tioumen" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message

> >news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> > > Hello All !

> > > I have a problem with subinacl :-) That's why I'm there...

> > > I would like to apply rights for a group on a drive named E:\ but I
> > > don't want to apply the rights in each subdirectorie on this drive and
> > > neither on new subdirectories created later...

> > > I have tried with calcls but I found on the web that cacls doesn't
> > > work with special permissions.

> > > Please if somebody have the solution, let me know.

> > XCacls works with (some) special permissions and can distinguish
> > between inheritable and directory ONLY permissions. ICacls.exe
> > too I think (but that is newer.)

> > Also on SourceForge.net is SetAcl for Win32 which can do most
> > anything with permissions if you can tolerate the command line
> > syntax (using save to get scriptable examples is one trick.)

> Thanks a lot for your help mate ;-)
>
> I have found a solution with subinacl... In fact I have put the rights
> and special permissions on a folder... after that I have done a backup
> of the rights... After that I edited the file and deleted all the
> informations do not needed...
>
> Then i have "played" the file with the rights information ( I have
> replace the path C:\temp by C:\ ) heyhey enjoyed ... I haven't got the
> right syntaxe now ... I will come back with the syntaxe later...
>
> Have a nice evening ;-)
>
> Good job -- Permissions (on objects) not rights however. Rights
> are given DIRECTLY to users (i.e., Security Principals) while
> Permissions are assigned on an object to allow access for user
> to that object.

The command =>

subinacl /noverbose /outputlog=subinacl_c.txt /file e:\* /display
subinacl /playfile subinacl_c.txt

description of the subinacl_c.txt is :

+File e:\
/pace =svr_name\local_or_global_group_name Type=0x0 Flags=0x0
AccessMask=0x1301bf