subform help needed please

Terry

      12th Oct 2007
I have a form with a subform on it. The subform is set to continuous Forms.
It displays a table listing open orders. I have one field in this table
that is called "PickTicket" and one filed called "ReadyToShip". These are
both yes no fields.

Right now I have check boxes on the subform, thus when you view the form
with the subform on it it shows all the records in the table one row after
another and a check box appears in each check box if the value is yes,
orther wise the check box is empty.

I would like to create a more visual appearance. I would like a rectangular
box that is filled with a red color to appear if the value in the field is
yes, ortherwise the box would be green. I can get this to work with the
visible property ONLY IF I set the subform to single form. If I set the
subform to continuous forms, then if the first record is Yes not only does a
red box appear for that record, but it also appears all the way down the
list of other records.

Can anyone help me with this problem, or can it be done?

Thanks,

Marshall Barton

      12th Oct 2007
Terry wrote:

>I have a form with a subform on it. The subform is set to continuous Forms.
>It displays a table listing open orders. I have one field in this table
>that is called "PickTicket" and one filed called "ReadyToShip". These are
>both yes no fields.
>
>Right now I have check boxes on the subform, thus when you view the form
>with the subform on it it shows all the records in the table one row after
>another and a check box appears in each check box if the value is yes,
>orther wise the check box is empty.
>
>I would like to create a more visual appearance. I would like a rectangular
>box that is filled with a red color to appear if the value in the field is
>yes, ortherwise the box would be green. I can get this to work with the
>visible property ONLY IF I set the subform to single form. If I set the
>subform to continuous forms, then if the first record is Yes not only does a
>red box appear for that record, but it also appears all the way down the
>list of other records.

Don't try to mess with control properties on a continuous
form. Instead, you can use COnditional Formatting (Format
menu). Change the check boxes to text boxes and set their
BackColor to Red. Then set the CF Value Is option to Equals
and 0 with back color of green.

--
Marsh
MVP [MS Access]

Terry

      12th Oct 2007
Thank you. This is exactly what I was trying to achieve.

Thanks again.

news:(E-Mail Removed)...