Stuck in portrait mode...

Eric H.

      8th Sep 2004
Somehow I hit some keystroke that puy my PC in portrait
mode. I cannot get it to undo. Monitor is now sitting
on it's side so I can use my PC. PLEASE HELP!!!

Phil

      8th Sep 2004
Right click desktop, properties, settings, advanced, look around for a
setting to rotate the screen, set it back to normal.

"Eric H." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:84b101c495cf$ccf602a0$(E-Mail Removed)
> Somehow I hit some keystroke that puy my PC in portrait
> mode. I cannot get it to undo. Monitor is now sitting
> on it's side so I can use my PC. PLEASE HELP!!!

GreenieLeBrun

      9th Sep 2004
"Eric H." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:<84b101c495cf$ccf602a0$(E-Mail Removed)>...
> Somehow I hit some keystroke that puy my PC in portrait
> mode. I cannot get it to undo. Monitor is now sitting
> on it's side so I can use my PC. PLEASE HELP!!!

What video card and what driver version?

Malke

      9th Sep 2004
GreenieLeBrun wrote:

> "Eric H." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:<84b101c495cf$ccf602a0$(E-Mail Removed)>...
>> Somehow I hit some keystroke that puy my PC in portrait
>> mode. I cannot get it to undo. Monitor is now sitting
>> on it's side so I can use my PC. PLEASE HELP!!!

> What video card and what driver version?

It doesn't matter about the drivers. Go to the Display applet in Control
Panel. Look at the Adapter tab. You might have to click the Advanced
button. Somewhere in that area will be a place to change Rotation. That
will fix your portrait mode.

Malke
--
MS MVP - Windows Shell/User
Elephant Boy Computers

Phil

      9th Sep 2004

"Malke" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)
> GreenieLeBrun wrote:
>
>> "Eric H." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:<84b101c495cf$ccf602a0$(E-Mail Removed)>...
>>> Somehow I hit some keystroke that puy my PC in portrait
>>> mode. I cannot get it to undo. Monitor is now sitting
>>> on it's side so I can use my PC. PLEASE HELP!!!

>> What video card and what driver version?

> It doesn't matter about the drivers. Go to the Display applet in
> Control Panel. Look at the Adapter tab. You might have to click the
> Advanced button. Somewhere in that area will be a place to change
> Rotation. That will fix your portrait mode.
>
> Malke

Sometimes drivers do matter. My ATI Radeon 9200(dual output) did not have
the option to rotate the screen with the original radeon drivers. I just
upgraded to the lastest version of the radeon drivers and now my card has
the ability to rotate the screen.

Malke

      9th Sep 2004
Phil wrote:

> "Malke" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)
>> GreenieLeBrun wrote:
>>
>>> "Eric H." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>> news:<84b101c495cf$ccf602a0$(E-Mail Removed)>...
>>>
>>> What video card and what driver version?

>> It doesn't matter about the drivers. Go to the Display applet in
>> Control Panel. Look at the Adapter tab. You might have to click the
>> Advanced button. Somewhere in that area will be a place to change
>> Rotation. That will fix your portrait mode.
>>
>> Malke

> Sometimes drivers do matter. My ATI Radeon 9200(dual output) did not
> have the option to rotate the screen with the original radeon drivers.
> I just upgraded to the lastest version of the radeon drivers and now
> my card has the ability to rotate the screen.

Yes, but if the drivers didn't have the option to rotate to start with,
the OP wouldn't have a wrongly rotated display!

Malke
--
MS MVP - Windows Shell/User
Elephant Boy Computers
www.elephantboycomputers.com
"Don't Panic!"

Phil

      9th Sep 2004

"Malke" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)
> Phil wrote:
>

>> "Malke" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)

>>> It doesn't matter about the drivers. Go to the Display applet in
>>> Control Panel. Look at the Adapter tab. You might have to click the
>>> Advanced button. Somewhere in that area will be a place to change
>>> Rotation. That will fix your portrait mode.
>>>
>>> Malke

>> Sometimes drivers do matter. My ATI Radeon 9200(dual output) did not
>> have the option to rotate the screen with the original radeon
>> drivers. I just upgraded to the lastest version of the radeon
>> drivers and now my card has the ability to rotate the screen.

> Yes, but if the drivers didn't have the option to rotate to start
> with, the OP wouldn't have a wrongly rotated display!
>
> Malke

Ahhh..... good point. It's like the chicken and the egg. ;o)

Bob I

      10th Sep 2004
Some use CTRL plus the Arrow keys.