Stuck on Loading Personal Settings

Gonzoglugg

      20th Apr 2009
Start-up seems stalled. Computer indicates: Please wait, loading your
personal settings.

Everything was fine last week when computer last used. Automatic MS
upgrades installed last time PC shut down. Can anyone help, please?

Don Phillipson

      20th Apr 2009
"Gonzoglugg" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> Start-up seems stalled. Computer indicates: Please wait, loading your
> personal settings.
>
> Everything was fine last week when computer last used. Automatic MS
> upgrades installed last time PC shut down. Can anyone help, please?

Swiftest solution may be to to use the System
Restore Wizard to reload Registry as of a date
before you upgraded.

--
Don Phillipson
Carlsbad Springs

Pegasus [MVP]

      20th Apr 2009

"Don Phillipson" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
> "Gonzoglugg" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>
>> Start-up seems stalled. Computer indicates: Please wait, loading your
>> personal settings.
>>
>> Everything was fine last week when computer last used. Automatic MS
>> upgrades installed last time PC shut down. Can anyone help, please?

> Swiftest solution may be to to use the System
> Restore Wizard to reload Registry as of a date
> before you upgraded.
>
> --
> Don Phillipson

It's a little hard for the OP to use System Restore while the machine is
stuck in the logon process. He may need to perform a manual System Restore -
see here for details: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/307545. Since this is
a fairly complex process, I would first try to boot into Safe Mode or Last
Known Good Configuration.