stopping a sound file

afdmello

      7th Sep 2009
I have inserted sound files(sirens) into a slide. I want them to play when i
click on the speaker icon and stop when I click again on it.How do i go
about it?
This query was answered with a solution unfortunately I have forgotten It
has something to do with animation

Afd

Lucy Thomson

      8th Sep 2009
Hi

Open the custom animation taskpane (slide show -> custom animation in 2003
animation tab -> custom animation in 2007). You will already have an
animation in there to start the sound - exactly what you have will depend on
if you selected 'automatically' or 'on click' when you inserted the sound.
We'll come back to that. Select the sound icon -> add effect -> sound
actions -> pause. Then select the drop down next to the pause action in the
animation taskpane -> timings -> triggers -> select the sound file from the
'start effect on click of' drop down -> OK. Now it appears under a trigger
bar in the taskpane. Is the play one there too? If so, you are good to go,
if not repeat the trigger bit you did to the pause animation but this time
to the play animation. Voila :-)

Lucy

--
Lucy Thomson
PowerPoint MVP

"afdmello" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:eIQGmj%(E-Mail Removed)...
>I have inserted sound files(sirens) into a slide. I want them to play when
>i click on the speaker icon and stop when I click again on it.How do i go
>about it?
> This query was answered with a solution unfortunately I have forgotten It
> has something to do with animation
>
> Afd

afdmello

      11th Sep 2009
My profound thanks to you Lucy

Afd
"Lucy Thomson" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi
>
> Open the custom animation taskpane (slide show -> custom animation in 2003
> animation tab -> custom animation in 2007). You will already have an
> animation in there to start the sound - exactly what you have will depend
> on if you selected 'automatically' or 'on click' when you inserted the
> sound. We'll come back to that. Select the sound icon -> add effect ->
> sound actions -> pause. Then select the drop down next to the pause action
> in the animation taskpane -> timings -> triggers -> select the sound file
> from the 'start effect on click of' drop down -> OK. Now it appears under
> a trigger bar in the taskpane. Is the play one there too? If so, you are
> good to go, if not repeat the trigger bit you did to the pause animation
> but this time to the play animation. Voila :-)
>
> Lucy
>
> --
> Lucy Thomson
> PowerPoint MVP
> MOS Master Instructor
> www.aneasiertomorrow.com.au
>

> "afdmello" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:eIQGmj%(E-Mail Removed)...
>>I have inserted sound files(sirens) into a slide. I want them to play when
>>i click on the speaker icon and stop when I click again on it.How do i go
>>about it?
>> This query was answered with a solution unfortunately I have forgotten It
>> has something to do with animation
>>
>> Afd

Lucy Thomson

      11th Sep 2009