Stop mapped drives from reappearing.

TonyV

      11th Aug 2004
How can I stop mapped drives from reappearing the next
time a PC is rebooted?

Also...
How do I stop WindowsXP in a workgroup from showing all
available shared folders when browsing "My Network Places"?

Thanks.

Ron Lowe

      11th Aug 2004
"TonyV" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:3bca01c47f7d$4cbf46e0$(E-Mail Removed)...
> How can I stop mapped drives from reappearing the next
> time a PC is rebooted?
>
> Also...
> How do I stop WindowsXP in a workgroup from showing all
> available shared folders when browsing "My Network Places"?
>
> Thanks.

To stop mapped drives re-appearing, go to:

Windows Explorer | Tools | Disconnect Network Drive.

Un-map the drive.
To map a drive so that it doesn't reappear after a re-boot,

Windows Explorer | Tools | Disconnect Network Drive;
Un-check the "Reconnect at Logon" option.

Of course, this won't help if the drives are being re-mapped
by a logon script if you are on a domain.

To stop the shares appearing in "My Network Places", go to:

Windows Explorer | Tools | Folder Options;
'View' tab;
Under Advanced Settings, un-check:
"Automatically search for network folders and printers".

You should be able to r-click | delete any entries in "My Network Places"
which have already appeared.

--
Best Regards,
Ron Lowe