Alan Murrell

      16th Mar 2004
Hello,

I am trying to restore a hard disk image made with True Image 7.0 from
one machine to another (i.e., different hardware).

According to the True Image documentation, it is possible to restore
an image to a system with different hardware if you run the 'sysprep'
tool with the '-mini' switch on the source machine prior to creating
the image.

I followed those instructions, but upon resotration of the image to
the new machine, I get the following bluescreen:

-----
INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE 0x0000007B (0xF241B84C, 0xC0000034,
0x00000000, 0x00000000)
-----

Searchin on Google has indicated to me that the second parameter,
'0xC0000034' indicates a hardware problem. This may indeed be the
case, as the source machine is a SCSI (hard disk), and the target
machine is an IDE (hard disk).

My questions, then, are thus:

1. Is there a way to have the restored image load the IDE drive
controllers (e.g., perhaps an entry in the boot.ini file)? I tried
booting from a win2k boot disk with a fairly simple 'boot.ini' file
which was using 'multi', but it came up witht he same error. Perhaps
there are other entries I can use?

(NOTE: I thought the sysprep tool was supposed to remove any
hardware-specific settings, so the image could be resstored onto
pretty much any other hardware??)

2. Do you believe that restoring this image onto another SCSI (hard
disk), but still different hardware would cause any problems? (i.e.,
would it be a much easier restore)?

Thank you. I look forward to your advice on this matter. Please let
me know if you require any other information, and I will provide what
I can.

TIA.

Alan Murrell

Pegasus \(MVP\)

      16th Mar 2004

"Alan Murrell" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hello,
>
> I am trying to restore a hard disk image made with True Image 7.0 from
> one machine to another (i.e., different hardware).
>
> According to the True Image documentation, it is possible to restore
> an image to a system with different hardware if you run the 'sysprep'
> tool with the '-mini' switch on the source machine prior to creating
> the image.
>
> I followed those instructions, but upon resotration of the image to
> the new machine, I get the following bluescreen:
>
> -----
> INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE 0x0000007B (0xF241B84C, 0xC0000034,
> 0x00000000, 0x00000000)
> -----
>
> Searchin on Google has indicated to me that the second parameter,
> '0xC0000034' indicates a hardware problem. This may indeed be the
> case, as the source machine is a SCSI (hard disk), and the target
> machine is an IDE (hard disk).
>
> My questions, then, are thus:
>
> 1. Is there a way to have the restored image load the IDE drive
> controllers (e.g., perhaps an entry in the boot.ini file)? I tried
> booting from a win2k boot disk with a fairly simple 'boot.ini' file
> which was using 'multi', but it came up witht he same error. Perhaps
> there are other entries I can use?
>
> (NOTE: I thought the sysprep tool was supposed to remove any
> hardware-specific settings, so the image could be resstored onto
> pretty much any other hardware??)
>
> 2. Do you believe that restoring this image onto another SCSI (hard
> disk), but still different hardware would cause any problems? (i.e.,
> would it be a much easier restore)?
>
> Thank you. I look forward to your advice on this matter. Please let
> me know if you require any other information, and I will provide what
> I can.
>
> TIA.
>
> Alan Murrell

This will probably fix it: