Stop error and safe mode logon

Jeff Knight

      9th Sep 2003
While installing IE 6.0 Update a machine in our network
(IBM Thinkpad) started giving a stop error on startup:

0x0000000A (0x00000000, 0x00000002, 0x00000001,
0x8042D5B4)IRQ_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

Address 8042D5B4 base at 80400000, DateStamp 384d9b17 -
ntoskrnl.exe

This appears to be drivers problem but I am unable to
logon to the machine at all. When I try logging into
Safe Mode the keyboard and mouse are not recognized and
it's trying to autologin with a network administrator
account. Then there's no keyboard or mouse.

When I logon to Safe Mode with Networking, it logs on and
I can get to the hard drive through the network but I
can't get on the computer because, again, the keyboard
and mouse are not working.

Any ideas how to diagnose and fix this through the
network accsess? I've searched through the BIOS to no
avail. By the way, it's our president's laptop who is
currently out of the office and gets back Thursday!

Thanks.

Jeff

Jimmy Andersson

      9th Sep 2003
Possible Resolutions to Stop 0x0a, 0x01e and 0x50 Errors:
http://support.microsoft.com/default...;EN-US;Q183169

Regards,
/Jimmy
--
Jimmy Andersson, Q Advice AB
Microsoft MVP - Active Directory

"Jeff Knight" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:592301c376dd$98fc56f0$(E-Mail Removed)...
> While installing IE 6.0 Update a machine in our network
> (IBM Thinkpad) started giving a stop error on startup:
>
> 0x0000000A (0x00000000, 0x00000002, 0x00000001,
> 0x8042D5B4)IRQ_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
>
> Address 8042D5B4 base at 80400000, DateStamp 384d9b17 -
> ntoskrnl.exe
>
> This appears to be drivers problem but I am unable to
> logon to the machine at all. When I try logging into
> Safe Mode the keyboard and mouse are not recognized and
> it's trying to autologin with a network administrator
> account. Then there's no keyboard or mouse.
>
> When I logon to Safe Mode with Networking, it logs on and
> I can get to the hard drive through the network but I
> can't get on the computer because, again, the keyboard
> and mouse are not working.
>
> Any ideas how to diagnose and fix this through the
> network accsess? I've searched through the BIOS to no
> avail. By the way, it's our president's laptop who is
> currently out of the office and gets back Thursday!
>
> Thanks.
>
> Jeff

OR YAM SENG [MSFT]

      10th Sep 2003
Have you try booting to 'Last Known Good Configuration'?