Stop Error 0x00000022

=?Utf-8?B?TmljayBQZWVr?=

      26th May 2006
A relatively new machine (Jan 2006) has started displaying the Stop error
0x00000022 on start up at either:-
- the welcome screen just after a user has been selected but before the
password box opens
- after the Windows Flag screen but before the Welcome screen appears. In
this case there is a period of about 10secs of a blank screen (as if
something is timing out) before the mouse pointer briefly appears followed by
the stop screen.

The error occurs on first boot from a restart but normally a second reboot
sees the machine running with no problems.

If the machine is started from Hibenate, it starts perfectly every time.
Similarly, rebooting from Safe Mode results in the machine starting without
problems.

Once running, there are no problems with the machine even when switching
users at the Welcome Screen.

The solution offered by Dell is totally destroy the current set up and
reload the machine from scratch - something that I am not keen to do unless
essential.

My thoughts through the tests are that there is a driver causing the problem
and thus am planning to do a Repair Install of Win XP and then the drivers
known to be loaded to the machine.

Any comments on the problem, identifying the actual cause or the planned
approach to solving the problem would be appreciated.

Many thanks
--
Nick Peek

=?Utf-8?B?R3JhbmRfUG9vaGJhaA==?=

      27th May 2006
Nick:

Does this happen when you boot into Safe Mode? A lot of drivers are not
loaded when starting in safe mode. If you dont' see the stop screen, then
one of the unloaded drivers is causing the problem. I'd recommend that you
check in Safe Mode, then start up in normal mode. Go to the Device Manager
and see if any devices are showing any errors. If so, then replace the
drivers with either a new driver, or just reinstall the current driver. If
not, then try removing a single piece of hardware at a time and rebooting.
The rebooting will cause the OS to "rediscover" the hardware and re-install
it - perhaps with good results.

You might also try restoring your computer to a point before this problem
cropped up.

GP

"Nick Peek" wrote:

> A relatively new machine (Jan 2006) has started displaying the Stop error
> 0x00000022 on start up at either:-
> - the welcome screen just after a user has been selected but before the
> password box opens
> - after the Windows Flag screen but before the Welcome screen appears. In
> this case there is a period of about 10secs of a blank screen (as if
> something is timing out) before the mouse pointer briefly appears followed by
> the stop screen.
>
> The error occurs on first boot from a restart but normally a second reboot
> sees the machine running with no problems.
>
> If the machine is started from Hibenate, it starts perfectly every time.
> Similarly, rebooting from Safe Mode results in the machine starting without
> problems.
>
> Once running, there are no problems with the machine even when switching
> users at the Welcome Screen.
>
> The solution offered by Dell is totally destroy the current set up and
> reload the machine from scratch - something that I am not keen to do unless
> essential.
>
> My thoughts through the tests are that there is a driver causing the problem
> and thus am planning to do a Repair Install of Win XP and then the drivers
> known to be loaded to the machine.
>
> Any comments on the problem, identifying the actual cause or the planned
> approach to solving the problem would be appreciated.
>
> Many thanks
> --
> Nick Peek

=?Utf-8?B?TmljayBQZWVr?=

      30th May 2006
Grand_Poohbah

The problem happens in Safe Mode - there has now been 6 succesfull boots via
Safe Mode whilst looking at the problem.

Regarding going back to a point where the system was working correctly; it
occured once during the machine set up after delivery from Dell but did not
repeat itself for a month; since then it has got progressively worse and now
happens most times on first boot from a full restart but has never occured
from hibenation or once the machine is running. This makes me think it is a
driver problem rather than hardware.

Will look at Device Manager but suspect that when machine has got to the
point where Device Manager can be shown (ie it has started without the stop
error) that the driver / device will be working and thus show no error will
show. Still it is something I have overlooked in checking this problem.

Will also look at removing / reinstalling hardware / devices to see if can
identify problem. However, machine is 50 miles away with a non-technically
minded user and hence my wish to try and understand the problem and find
solutions before making another 100 mile round trip.

Many thanks for your thoughts.
--
Nick Peek

"Grand_Poohbah" wrote:

> Nick:
>
> Does this happen when you boot into Safe Mode? A lot of drivers are not
> loaded when starting in safe mode. If you dont' see the stop screen, then
> one of the unloaded drivers is causing the problem. I'd recommend that you
> check in Safe Mode, then start up in normal mode. Go to the Device Manager
> and see if any devices are showing any errors. If so, then replace the
> drivers with either a new driver, or just reinstall the current driver. If
> not, then try removing a single piece of hardware at a time and rebooting.
> The rebooting will cause the OS to "rediscover" the hardware and re-install
> it - perhaps with good results.
>
> You might also try restoring your computer to a point before this problem
> cropped up.
>
> GP
>
> "Nick Peek" wrote:
>
> > A relatively new machine (Jan 2006) has started displaying the Stop error
> > 0x00000022 on start up at either:-
> > - the welcome screen just after a user has been selected but before the
> > password box opens
> > - after the Windows Flag screen but before the Welcome screen appears. In
> > this case there is a period of about 10secs of a blank screen (as if
> > something is timing out) before the mouse pointer briefly appears followed by
> > the stop screen.
> >
> > The error occurs on first boot from a restart but normally a second reboot
> > sees the machine running with no problems.
> >
> > If the machine is started from Hibenate, it starts perfectly every time.
> > Similarly, rebooting from Safe Mode results in the machine starting without
> > problems.
> >
> > Once running, there are no problems with the machine even when switching
> > users at the Welcome Screen.
> >
> > The solution offered by Dell is totally destroy the current set up and
> > reload the machine from scratch - something that I am not keen to do unless
> > essential.
> >
> > My thoughts through the tests are that there is a driver causing the problem
> > and thus am planning to do a Repair Install of Win XP and then the drivers
> > known to be loaded to the machine.
> >
> > Any comments on the problem, identifying the actual cause or the planned
> > approach to solving the problem would be appreciated.
> >
> > Many thanks
> > --
> > Nick Peek

New Member

      10th May 2010
has anybody found a resolution to this problem? i am currently experiencing this issue with no resolve, i have done much research and this forum is the closest i have found to a resolution, please help.

Current config is an IBM ThinkPad t60 with a centrino duo, ati card & 1.5gigs of ram running xp pro, this is not from a recent ship, this problem started 3 days ago. Only thing i did was install the ATI drivers, i uninstalled them and the problem still persists.

*EDIT*

here is an HJT log if that is beneficial

Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.2
Scan saved at 4:02:30 PM, on 5/10/2010
Platform: Windows XP SP3 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v8.00 (8.00.6001.18702)
Boot mode: Normal

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\ibmpmsvc.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\Ati2evxx.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\Program Files\Ahead\InCD\InCDsrv.exe
C:\Program Files\Intel\Wireless\Bin\EvtEng.exe
C:\Program Files\Intel\Wireless\Bin\S24EvMon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\Ati2evxx.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\IPSSVC.EXE
C:\Program Files\ThinkPad\ConnectUtilities\AcPrfMgrSvc.exe
C:\Program Files\Symantec\LiveUpdate\ALUSchedulerSvc.exe
C:\Program Files\Carbonite\Carbonite Backup\carboniteservice.exe
C:\Program Files\Diskeeper Corporation\Diskeeper\DkService.exe
C:\Program Files\Google\Common\Google Updater\GoogleUpdaterService.exe
C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\jqs.exe
C:\Program Files\Eset\nod32krn.exe
C:\Program Files\Intel\Wireless\Bin\RegSrvc.exe
C:\Program Files\Microsoft\Search Enhancement Pack\SeaPort\SeaPort.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\CCPD-LC\symlcsvc.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\TPHDEXLG.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\system32\TpKmpSVC.exe
C:\Program Files\IBM ThinkVantage\Rescue and Recovery\rrservice.exe
C:\Program Files\IBM ThinkVantage\Common\Scheduler\tvtsched.exe
C:\Program Files\ThinkVantage\SystemUpdate\UCLauncherService.exe
C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\SoftwareUpdate\YahooAUService.exe
C:\Program Files\ThinkPad\ConnectUtilities\AcSvc.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wuauclt.exe
C:\Program Files\IBM ThinkVantage\Common\Logger\logmon.exe
C:\Program Files\ThinkPad\ConnectUtilities\SvcGuiHlpr.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\Program Files\Synaptics\SynTP\SynTPEnh.exe
C:\Program Files\Analog Devices\Core\smax4pnp.exe
C:\Program Files\HP\HP Software Update\HPWuSchd.exe
C:\Program Files\HP\hpcoretech\hpcmpmgr.exe
C:\Program Files\Eset\nod32kui.exe
C:\Program Files\Adobe\Reader 8.0\Reader\Reader_sl.exe
C:\Program Files\Carbonite\Carbonite Backup\CarboniteUI.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
C:\Program Files\ATI Technologies\ATI.ACE\Core-Static\MOM.exe
C:\Program Files\HP\Digital Imaging\bin\hpqtra08.exe
C:\Program Files\Synaptics\SynTP\SynTPLpr.exe
C:\Program Files\ATI Technologies\ATI.ACE\Core-Static\ccc.exe
C:\Documents and Settings\Debra\Desktop\HijackThis.exe

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://www.yahoo.com/?fr=fp-yie8
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://us.rd.yahoo.com/customize/ie/.../www.yahoo.com
R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.yahoo.com/?fr=fp-yie8
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Search_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Bar = http://us.rd.yahoo.com/customize/ie/...ch/search.html
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,SearchAssistant =
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,CustomizeSearch =
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\SearchURL,(Default) = http://us.rd.yahoo.com/customize/ie/.../www.yahoo.com
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SynTPLpr] C:\Program Files\Synaptics\SynTP\SynTPLpr.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SynTPEnh] C:\Program Files\Synaptics\SynTP\SynTPEnh.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SoundMAXPnP] C:\Program Files\Analog Devices\Core\smax4pnp.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HP Software Update] "C:\Program Files\HP\HP Software Update\HPWuSchd.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HP Component Manager] "C:\Program Files\HP\hpcoretech\hpcmpmgr.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [nod32kui] "C:\Program Files\Eset\nod32kui.exe" /WAITSERVICE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Adobe Reader Speed Launcher] "C:\Program Files\Adobe\Reader 8.0\Reader\Reader_sl.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Carbonite Backup] C:\Program Files\Carbonite\Carbonite Backup\CarboniteUI.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [StartCCC] "C:\Program Files\ATI Technologies\ATI.ACE\Core-Static\CLIStart.exe" MSRun
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [ctfmon.exe] C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Google Update] "C:\Documents and Settings\Debra\Local Settings\Application Data\Google\Update\GoogleUpdate.exe" /c
O4 - Global Startup: HP Digital Imaging Monitor.lnk = C:\Program Files\HP\Digital Imaging\bin\hpqtra08.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Microsoft Office.lnk = C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office10\OSA.EXE
O8 - Extra context menu item: Add to Google Photos Screensa&ver - res://C:\WINDOWS\system32\GPhotos.scr/200
O9 - Extra button: Yahoo! Services - {5BAB4B5B-68BC-4B02-94D6-2FC0DE4A7897} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\shdocvw.dll
O9 - Extra button: Software Installer - {D1A4DEBD-C2EE-449f-B9FB-E8409F9A0BC5} - C:\Program Files\Lenovo\PkgMgr\\PkgMgr.exe
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {e2e2dd38-d088-4134-82b7-f2ba38496583} - C:\WINDOWS\Network Diagnostic\xpnetdiag.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: @xpsp3res.dll,-20001 - {e2e2dd38-d088-4134-82b7-f2ba38496583} - C:\WINDOWS\Network Diagnostic\xpnetdiag.exe
O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Windows Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O16 - DPF: {30528230-99f7-4bb4-88d8-fa1d4f56a2ab} (Installation Support) - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Common\Yinsthelper.dll
O20 - Winlogon Notify: ACNotify - ACNotify.dll (file missing)
O23 - Service: Ac Profile Manager Service (AcPrfMgrSvc) - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\ThinkPad\ConnectUtilities\AcPrfMgrSvc.exe
O23 - Service: Access Connections Main Service (AcSvc) - Lenovo - C:\Program Files\ThinkPad\ConnectUtilities\AcSvc.exe
O23 - Service: Ati HotKey Poller - ATI Technologies Inc. - C:\WINDOWS\system32\Ati2evxx.exe
O23 - Service: Automatic LiveUpdate Scheduler - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Symantec\LiveUpdate\ALUSchedulerSvc.exe
O23 - Service: CarboniteService - Carbonite, Inc. (www.carbonite.com) - C:\Program Files\Carbonite\Carbonite Backup\carboniteservice.exe
O23 - Service: Diskeeper - Diskeeper Corporation - C:\Program Files\Diskeeper Corporation\Diskeeper\DkService.exe
O23 - Service: Intel(R) PROSet/Wireless Event Log (EvtEng) - Intel Corporation - C:\Program Files\Intel\Wireless\Bin\EvtEng.exe
O23 - Service: Google Updater Service (gusvc) - Google - C:\Program Files\Google\Common\Google Updater\GoogleUpdaterService.exe
O23 - Service: ThinkPad PM Service (IBMPMSVC) - Lenovo - C:\WINDOWS\system32\ibmpmsvc.exe
O23 - Service: InstallDriver Table Manager (IDriverT) - Macrovision Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\Driver\1050\Intel 32\IDriverT.exe
O23 - Service: InCD Helper (InCDsrv) - Nero AG - C:\Program Files\Ahead\InCD\InCDsrv.exe
O23 - Service: IPS Core Service (IPSSVC) - Lenovo Group Limited - C:\WINDOWS\system32\IPSSVC.EXE
O23 - Service: Java Quick Starter (JavaQuickStarterService) - Sun Microsystems, Inc. - C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\jqs.exe
O23 - Service: LiveUpdate - Symantec Corporation - C:\PROGRA~1\Symantec\LIVEUP~1\LUCOMS~1.EXE
O23 - Service: NOD32 Kernel Service (NOD32krn) - Eset - C:\Program Files\Eset\nod32krn.exe
O23 - Service: Pml Driver HPZ12 - HP - C:\WINDOWS\system32\HPZipm12.exe
O23 - Service: IBM PSA Access Driver Control (PsaSrv) - Unknown owner - C:\WINDOWS\system32\PsaSrv.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: Intel(R) PROSet/Wireless Registry Service (RegSrvc) - Intel Corporation - C:\Program Files\Intel\Wireless\Bin\RegSrvc.exe
O23 - Service: Intel(R) PROSet/Wireless Service (S24EventMonitor) - Intel Corporation - C:\Program Files\Intel\Wireless\Bin\S24EvMon.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Core LC - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\CCPD-LC\symlcsvc.exe
O23 - Service: ThinkPad HDD APS Logging Service (TPHDEXLGSVC) - Lenovo. - C:\WINDOWS\System32\TPHDEXLG.EXE
O23 - Service: IBM KCU Service (TpKmpSVC) - Unknown owner - C:\WINDOWS\system32\TpKmpSVC.exe
O23 - Service: TSS Core Service (TSSCoreService) - IBM - C:\Program Files\IBM ThinkVantage\Client Security Solution\ibmtcsd.exe
O23 - Service: TVT Backup Service - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\IBM ThinkVantage\Rescue and Recovery\rrservice.exe
O23 - Service: TVT Scheduler - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\IBM ThinkVantage\Common\Scheduler\tvtsched.exe
O23 - Service: ThinkVantage System Update (UCLauncherService) - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\ThinkVantage\SystemUpdate\UCLauncherService.exe
O23 - Service: Yahoo! Updater (YahooAUService) - Yahoo! Inc. - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\SoftwareUpdate\YahooAUService.exe

--
End of file - 9257 bytes

Last edited by Wartax; 11th May 2010 at 12:03 AM..

Member

      19th May 2010
Hi,

I would suggest you to visit this link and find more info about BSOD Errors
http://www.techmetica.com/howto/des...d-crash-errors/

Regards
Chris