How to stop Check Disk

GK

      10th Jan 2004
Hi. Does anyone know how to (safely) stop Check Disk when you have
it run from the boot? I didn't see an obvious way to stop it.

Thank you,

--
Greg K...Intermediate knowledge. Follow any advice at your own risk.

=?Utf-8?B?VmVua2F0ZXNo?=

      10th Jan 2004
Hi there,

Disable or Enable CheckDisk Upon Boot (Line 82), download and apply patch:

To use the Regedit: Save the REG File to your hard disk. Double click it and answer yes to the import prompt. REG files can be viewed in Notepad by right clicking on the file and selecting Edit.

Chkdsk Runs Each Time That You Start Computer
http://support.microsoft.com/support.../q316/5/06.asp

HTH
------------------------------
Venkatesh [MCSD][CCNA]
------------------------------

GK

      10th Jan 2004
Venkatesh wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> Disable or Enable CheckDisk Upon Boot (Line 82), download and apply patch:
>
> To use the Regedit: Save the REG File to your hard disk. Double click it and answer yes to the import prompt. REG files can be viewed in Notepad by right clicking on the file and selecting Edit.
>
> Chkdsk Runs Each Time That You Start Computer
> http://support.microsoft.com/support.../q316/5/06.asp
>
> HTH
> ------------------------------
> Venkatesh [MCSD][CCNA]

Thank you, except I don't know what it did. I imported it into my registry and then
set the check disk to start at boot-up. I just spend 40 minutes waiting for it to
go through the process without having the option to stop or bypass the process.
Once you schedule a scan at boot, is there a way to stop it? I'm not sure what
kelly's fix, fixed or patched.

Thanks.
--
Greg K...Intermediate knowledge. Follow any advice at your own risk.