How to stop automatic links

RobG

      17th Sep 2009
Whenever I type text into outlook that includes an @ symbol, Outlook
turns it into a link. That is extremely annoying - how do I turn it
off?

For example, if I want to talk about the name attribute of a book
element, I write "book@name", so outlook underlines it and turns it
blue as if it thinks it's an e-mail address. It isn't and I can't stop
Outlook from doing its thing unless I go to plan text e-mail.

--
Rob

Diane Poremsky [MVP]

      17th Sep 2009
Version?
Try tools, options, spelling, autocorrect settings, autoformat tab.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:
(E-Mail Removed)

(E-Mail Removed)

Do you keep Outlook open 24/7? Vote in our poll:

"RobG" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Whenever I type text into outlook that includes an @ symbol, Outlook
> turns it into a link. That is extremely annoying - how do I turn it
> off?
>
> For example, if I want to talk about the name attribute of a book
> element, I write "book@name", so outlook underlines it and turns it
> blue as if it thinks it's an e-mail address. It isn't and I can't stop
> Outlook from doing its thing unless I go to plan text e-mail.
>

> --
> Rob

RobG

      17th Sep 2009
On Sep 17, 12:09*pm, "Diane Poremsky [MVP]" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:
> "RobG" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>
> > Whenever I type text into outlook that includes an @ symbol, Outlook
> > turns it into a link. That is extremely annoying - how do I turn it
> > off?

> > For example, if I want to talk about the name attribute of a book
> > element, I write "book@name", so outlook underlines it and turns it
> > blue as if it thinks it's an e-mail address. It isn't and I can't stop
> > Outlook from doing its thing unless I go to plan text e-mail.

> Version?

Outlook 2003 SP 3.

> Try tools, options, spelling, autocorrect settings, autoformat tab.

Tried that, didn't help. I always have auto formatting turned off
anyway.

Seems if I change the mail format from HTML to RTF, it stops doing it.
Makes no sense to me, I think I'll go for plain text.

--
Rob

--
Rob

Diane Poremsky [MVP]

      17th Sep 2009
Are you using Word as your editor? If so, did you disable it from the tools
menu of a new message form or in Word?