STM3 TRAYLCON

=?Utf-8?B?Qm9i?=

      24th Aug 2005
When I go to shutdown xp a message pops up saying ending program, program not
responding STM3 TRAYLCON. I cannot figure out what this is. This does not
happen all of the time but when it does it takes a long time for my computer
to shut down.
Thanks,
Bob

Malke

      24th Aug 2005
Bob wrote:

> When I go to shutdown xp a message pops up saying ending program,
> program not responding STM3 TRAYLCON. I cannot figure out what this
> is. This does not happen all of the time but when it does it takes a
> long time for my computer to shut down.
> Thanks,
> Bob

Do you have ZoneAlarm Security Suite? Googling for your subject line
brings up several posts on ZA's messageboards. If you do have ZASS,
then I would suggest going to ZA's tech support site. I'm sorry I don't
have the answer for you directly since I don't use that software.

Malke
--
Elephant Boy Computers
www.elephantboycomputers.com

pertinax

      15th Nov 2006

I've just found the same problem on a brand new computer.

As far as I know, I'm not using anything called 'Zone Alarm' (though
you never can tell what may be pre-installed).

However, a search on STM3 in the registry indicates that it may have
something to do with the software for my EPSON Stylus C67 printer. So,
if this happens again, I may try uninstalling some of that via
Add/Remove Programs.

b.t.w., 'Traylcon' is really 'Tray Icon', with a capital I, not a
lowercase l. That got me confused, too.

--
pertinax