Startup Installation

=?Utf-8?B?QUlSV09MRg==?=

      26th Jan 2005
I am working on a client computer that causing a fuss with tthe client.
Everytime when this client starts the computer, the setup files keep on
popping up. I did try to remove it by going to the add/remove program in the
control panel, but it was gray shaded and I can't do anything at all. I went
to the regedit to see if the setup file is there. But no luck. Someone had
previously used the computer and left the company. My question to you is that
how can I stop that setup file that keeps on popping up everytime when the
computer starts up?

Dave Patrick

      27th Jan 2005
Setup files for what?

--
Regards,

Microsoft Certified Professional
Microsoft MVP [Windows]
http://www.microsoft.com/protect

"AIRWOLF" wrote:
|I am working on a client computer that causing a fuss with tthe client.
| Everytime when this client starts the computer, the setup files keep on
| popping up. I did try to remove it by going to the add/remove program in
the
| control panel, but it was gray shaded and I can't do anything at all. I
went
| to the regedit to see if the setup file is there. But no luck. Someone had
| previously used the computer and left the company. My question to you is
that
| how can I stop that setup file that keeps on popping up everytime when the
| computer starts up?

=?Utf-8?B?QUlSV09MRg==?=

      27th Jan 2005
Dave,
Everytime when the computer starts up, it keeps on loading a
installation program called "Fax" and I don't have the disk for that.

"Dave Patrick" wrote:

> Setup files for what?
>
> --
> Regards,

> Microsoft Certified Professional
> Microsoft MVP [Windows]
> http://www.microsoft.com/protect
>
> "AIRWOLF" wrote:
> |I am working on a client computer that causing a fuss with tthe client.
> | Everytime when this client starts the computer, the setup files keep on
> | popping up. I did try to remove it by going to the add/remove program in
> the
> | control panel, but it was gray shaded and I can't do anything at all. I
> went
> | to the regedit to see if the setup file is there. But no luck. Someone had
> | previously used the computer and left the company. My question to you is
> that
> | how can I stop that setup file that keeps on popping up everytime when the
> | computer starts up?

Dave Patrick

      27th Jan 2005
You can navigate to;
HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Installer
and delete the "InProgress" subkey to terminate all installations in
progress.