Starting at command prompt to allow BIOS flash update

Tad W

      16th Sep 2003
I'm trying to find the means to booting up my system to a
command prompt so I can flash the BIOS. Windows 9x OSs
allowed creation of a startup disk and you could kick to
DOS with it. I have no idea how this is supposed to be
down with XP. Any help is appreciated!

Julie

      16th Sep 2003
Not sure I understand your question, but if you want to
run DOS with XP:

-Start

-All Programs

-Accessories

-Command Prompt

Frank

      16th Sep 2003
Go to this link
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/e...st/renken1.asp
"Tad W" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:060701c37bdd$a18fca90$(E-Mail Removed)...
> I'm trying to find the means to booting up my system to a
> command prompt so I can flash the BIOS. Windows 9x OSs
> allowed creation of a startup disk and you could kick to
> DOS with it. I have no idea how this is supposed to be
> down with XP. Any help is appreciated!

Frank

      16th Sep 2003
That is not DOS. In XP it is a DOS emulator. I would recommend not using
that for a bios flash. You can format a floppy with MS-DOS on it.
"Julie" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:0ed101c37bdf$07f31340$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Not sure I understand your question, but if you want to
> run DOS with XP:
>
> -Start
>
> -All Programs
>
> -Accessories
>
> -Command Prompt

Shootist

      16th Sep 2003
You can format a floppy and copy system files to it just like you could in
9X, DOS. If you search for "command.com" you will find it in
C:\Windows\system32. Command.com IS DOS.
--
Shootist