Start-up Problem....American MegaTrend Screen???

Rudy

      9th Jul 2009
BlankOn initial start-up my PC displays "American MegaTrend" screen. How
do I disable this screen??? Thanxx.........Rudy

nass

      9th Jul 2009

"Rudy" wrote:

> BlankOn initial start-up my PC displays "American MegaTrend" screen. How
> do I disable this screen??? Thanxx.........Rudy

Try to disable the Quick Boot and see if the Splash screen will go. How old
is your BIOS?

The BIOS: The 'Basic Input Output System' Setup Program Used in PCs - Page 1
http://www.pcbuyerbeware.co.uk/BIOS.htm

Chapter 3 AMI BIOS USER'S GUIDE
http://uk.ts.fujitsu.com/rl/servicesupport/techsupport/Boards/Motherboards/MicroStar/MS6309/6309-3(ami).pdf

Singapore Computer Service

      10th Jul 2009
Hello,

Some motherboards (such as ASUS) support loading a custom image to replace
the initial bootup screen. You will need to check your motherboard's site
for such software that allows to change the image.

You can use CPU-Z to identify your motherboard -
http://www.cpuid.com/cpuz.php - and visit you motherboard's site. Look under
Support. As I said, only some of them do. If you have a budget motherboard,
you will most likely not be able to replace that screen.

__
Singapore Computer Home Remote On-Site Repair Service
"Rudy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:h35mgl$ka8$(E-Mail Removed)-september.org...
> BlankOn initial start-up my PC displays "American MegaTrend" screen.
> How
> do I disable this screen??? Thanxx.........Rudy

dadiOH

      10th Jul 2009
Rudy wrote:
> BlankOn initial start-up my PC displays "American MegaTrend" screen.
> How do I disable this screen??? Thanxx.........Rudy

Look in the BIOS setup for a setting to disable it; once disabled, the
normal POST screens will be displayed.

--

dadiOH

dadiOH's dandies v3.06...