Start Outlook Express with a specific identity?

Charles Gillen

      20th Nov 2004
XP's Help gives no hint how one might launch Outlook Express with a
specific identity (out of several), say via a shortcut. I don't want to
add a second user to the logon menu and complicate my system
unnecessarily... I just want an easy way for a second user to start OE with
his/her identity rather than mine.

Any suggestions?

--
Anti-Spam address: my last name at his dot com
Charles Gillen -- Reston, Virginia, USA

Ramesh [MVP]

      20th Nov 2004
Inside Outlook Express - Tips and Ideas - Force Identity Logon:
http://insideoe.tomsterdam.com/tips/forceid.htm

--
Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
Windows XP Shell/User

"Charles Gillen" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:Xns95A6DC8CE404Egillen@216.194.192.13...
XP's Help gives no hint how one might launch Outlook Express with a
specific identity (out of several), say via a shortcut. I don't want to
add a second user to the logon menu and complicate my system
unnecessarily... I just want an easy way for a second user to start OE with
his/her identity rather than mine.

Any suggestions?

--
Anti-Spam address: my last name at his dot com
Charles Gillen -- Reston, Virginia, USA

Aussie Bomber

      20th Nov 2004
On 19 Nov 2004 21:40:44 -0500, Charles Gillen <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>XP's Help gives no hint how one might launch Outlook Express with a
>specific identity (out of several), say via a shortcut. I don't want to
>add a second user to the logon menu and complicate my system
>unnecessarily... I just want an easy way for a second user to start OE with
>his/her identity rather than mine.
>
>Any suggestions?

This seems to work for me:-

Menu item:-

File|Identities|Manage Identities

At bottom of the window set both items to the identity you want to use
when OE starts.

--
The Aussie Bomber
Carn The Dons!!