Start menu in Windows XP always says "New programs installed"

Johnno

      5th Dec 2004
I have a very minor problem with my Windows XP. The Start menu always says
"New programs installed", and I can't stop it. The program that it says is
"New" is "The SIMS". I always start "The SIMS" by clicking on the menu
item that Windows XP thinks is the "new program" i.e. it is highlighted
orange.

Previously, when Windows XP has said "New programs installed" I would just
start the "New" program by clicking on the orange item, and that would be
that. Windows XP would then stop telling me that a new program was
installed. But Windows XP continues to insist that "The SIMS" is a new
program, no matter how many times I run it from the start menu.

How can I tell Windows XP that this program is not new?

Cheers,
Johnno.

Taurarian

      5th Dec 2004
Do Not Highlight Newly Installed Programs
1. Click Start, right-click at the top of the Start menu where your name is
displayed, and then click Properties.
2. In the Taskbar and Start Menu Properties dialog box, on the Start Menu tab, click
Customize.
3. Click the Advanced tab, and then clear the Highlight newly installed programs
check box.
4. Click OK, and then click OK again.

"Johnno" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:41b2d5ba$0$17545$(E-Mail Removed)...
>I have a very minor problem with my Windows XP. The Start menu always says
> "New programs installed", and I can't stop it. The program that it says is
> "New" is "The SIMS". I always start "The SIMS" by clicking on the menu
> item that Windows XP thinks is the "new program" i.e. it is highlighted
> orange.
>
> Previously, when Windows XP has said "New programs installed" I would just
> start the "New" program by clicking on the orange item, and that would be
> that. Windows XP would then stop telling me that a new program was
> installed. But Windows XP continues to insist that "The SIMS" is a new
> program, no matter how many times I run it from the start menu.
>
> How can I tell Windows XP that this program is not new?
>
> Cheers,
> Johnno.

Johnno

      6th Dec 2004
Thanks,

That's done the trick.

Cheers,
Johnno.

"Taurarian" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:(E-Mail Removed):

> Do Not Highlight Newly Installed Programs
> 1. Click Start, right-click at the top of the Start menu where your
> name is displayed, and then click Properties.
> 2. In the Taskbar and Start Menu Properties dialog box, on the Start
> Menu tab, click Customize.
> 3. Click the Advanced tab, and then clear the Highlight newly
> installed programs check box.
> 4. Click OK, and then click OK again.
>

> "Johnno" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:41b2d5ba$0$17545$(E-Mail Removed)...
>>I have a very minor problem with my Windows XP. The Start menu always
>>says
>> "New programs installed", and I can't stop it. The program that it
>> says is "New" is "The SIMS". I always start "The SIMS" by clicking
>> on the menu item that Windows XP thinks is the "new program" i.e. it
>> is highlighted orange.
>>
>> Previously, when Windows XP has said "New programs installed" I would
>> just start the "New" program by clicking on the orange item, and that
>> would be that. Windows XP would then stop telling me that a new
>> program was installed. But Windows XP continues to insist that "The
>> SIMS" is a new program, no matter how many times I run it from the
>> start menu.
>>
>> How can I tell Windows XP that this program is not new?
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Johnno.

Taurarian

      6th Dec 2004
You're welcome.
Kaylene

news:41b3b856$0$21280$(E-Mail Removed)...