Staff Rota Template?

Steve Davies

      19th May 2006
Hi

I am trying to design a staff duty rota template for a shop open 7 days per
week. We have between 4 * 6 staff (depending on seasonal fluctuations) and
each member of staff has two days off per week.

I have searched the Microsoft database of templates and found nothing that
will allow me to input staff names and then automatically assign staff to
the rota in a fair and even way. Is this beyond the capabilities of Excel?
Its certainly beyond the capability of my tiny pea brain to programme it!

If anyone can help Id be really grateful. Id like to be able to create a
spreadsheet that lets me input shop opening and closing hours (these change
seasonally, too), input names of the staff on the books, and then give me a
rota that stretches 3-months ahead...

Any tips or advice gratefully received!

Cheers

Steve

=?Utf-8?B?VG9tIE9naWx2eQ==?=

      19th May 2006
There is no built in functionality to support this.

I would suggest you search Google for Rota or Scheduling shifts.

http://www.google.com

I am sure there are some free ware or inexpensive applications that will
give you much more than you could come up with using Excel.

--
Regards,
Tom Ogilvy

"Steve Davies" wrote:

> Hi
>
> I am trying to design a staff duty rota template for a shop open 7 days per
> week. We have between 4 * 6 staff (depending on seasonal fluctuations) and
> each member of staff has two days off per week.
>
> I have searched the Microsoft database of templates and found nothing that
> will allow me to input staff names and then automatically assign staff to
> the rota in a fair and even way. Is this beyond the capabilities of Excel?
> It¹s certainly beyond the capability of my tiny pea brain to programme it!
>
> If anyone can help I¹d be really grateful. I¹d like to be able to create a
> spreadsheet that lets me input shop opening and closing hours (these change
> seasonally, too), input names of the staff on the books, and then give me a
> rota that stretches 3-months ahead...
>
> Any tips or advice gratefully received!
>
> Cheers
>
> Steve