ssl vpn works with XP not ith vista

syd_p

      9th Jul 2009
Hello,

I have to use a recently provided ssl vpn to access work servers
remotely with my vista laptop.
But I only get limited access I can access a linux jump host and ssh
to the other servers like that.
But should be able to use http to access the servers.
I succeed with http://remoteserver using my login on an XP machine
belonging to someone else.
But no joy with vista.
Apparently only 1 or 2 people other have vista and both of them have
the same symtoms as me.

Enquires reveal that vista is not supported by the vpn. But all I want
to do is work from home sometimes!
Is there anything I could do to diagnose the problem and create a work
around?

Syd

fasttech406

      15th Jul 2009
Are they Vista 64 bit OS workstations? Not many VPN manufacturers support
the 64 bit OS.

I am trying NCP, a client that is suppose to support this. I have alos
heard that people have loaded virtualization on the PC with a 32 bit version
of the OS that get the connection working.
--
Bud