SQL Server 2000 linked tables - slow performance since server transition

davenwhoutson@gmail.com

      13th Aug 2007
Hello all,

Our company uses a frontend Access 2003 system that uses linked tables
to SQL Server 2000. We recently upgraded to a faster server and
mirrored the data from the old server to the new server. Ever since,
the Access program is very slow when opening forms and running
queries. Is there something that needs to be done to the tables to
get them to perform as quickly as they used to?

Thanks,

David

Jeff Boyce

      13th Aug 2007
David

We experienced a significant (multi-minute instead of multi-second) response
time 'hit' after migrating data from an Access back-end to a SQL-Server
back-end.

The main contributor(s) were:
* over-zealous anti-virus software
* Access (front-end) forms and queries not optimized for SQL-Server
* back NICs, cables, routers

Any of these help?

Regards

Jeff Boyce