Spyware identified but never really removed

Grant

      8th Feb 2005
Microsoft Antispyware seems to run and identify spyware
problems beautifully. My main complaint is that after I
have removed all the problems found on my PC they just
come right back again. Sometimes they come back
immediately sometimes it takes a few hours.
Anyone else experience this or have a solution?
Thanks
Grant.

Bill Sanderson

      8th Feb 2005
If something is accurately identified, but the removal doesn't work, please
try this:

Restart your system in safe mode by pressing the F8 function key before the
Windows screen appears. In safe mode do full scans until a scan comes
through clean--probably two or more scans. Then restart normally and see if
that has done the trick.

If not, please post here with the name of the item detected but not cleaned.
--
FAQ for Microsoft Antispyware:

"Grant" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:07ca01c50ded$262b9d90$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Microsoft Antispyware seems to run and identify spyware
> problems beautifully. My main complaint is that after I
> have removed all the problems found on my PC they just
> come right back again. Sometimes they come back
> immediately sometimes it takes a few hours.
> Anyone else experience this or have a solution?
> Thanks
> Grant.

      8th Feb 2005
Thanks for your earlier response.
I tried running in Safe mode. After 2 runs it came back
with nothing found. After rebooting I experienced the
same problems.
The problems that are found but not removed are 1)
Vx2.ZServ (Trojan) and 2) EUniverse Updater (browser
Hijacker).
Any further advice would be great.
Thanks
Grant.

Ron Kinner

      9th Feb 2005
Get HijackThis.exe from
http://tomcoyote.org/hjt/hjt199//HijackThis.exe

Save (best if you can save it to a new folder C:\hjt but
if not just save it to your desktop so you can find it)
and then Open it and select the SCAN AND SAVE LOG option.

Note where you save the log and then send the log to me.
I will be glad to look at it and tell you what to do to
get rid of it for good.

Ron Kinner MVP

rkinner AT att DOT net
" AT " = "@"
" DOT " = "."

Bill Sanderson

      9th Feb 2005
This is a relatively new Vx2 variant. Go with Ron Kinner's advice
--
FAQ for Microsoft Antispyware:

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:023d01c50e27$8f38b9a0$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Thanks for your earlier response.
> I tried running in Safe mode. After 2 runs it came back
> with nothing found. After rebooting I experienced the
> same problems.
> The problems that are found but not removed are 1)
> Vx2.ZServ (Trojan) and 2) EUniverse Updater (browser
> Hijacker).
> Any further advice would be great.
> Thanks
> Grant.

>>> Grant.

>>.

Karl

      11th Feb 2005
There would be a file in the registry to create the file
over again that was deleted. You may have to regedit and
find that file.

Bill Sanderson

      11th Feb 2005
Rather than using REgedit, I'd encourage Microsoft Antispyware users to use
the System Explorers in Tools, Advanced tools to find and temporarily block
any unknown items they can spot. This action is easily reversable. If you
block an item and find that it alleviates the symptoms, you can permanently
remove it.

I used a combination of these techniques to clean a fairly infected machine
yesterday. Microsoft Antispyware cleaned it quite well, but left a few
pieces behind, which I was able to clean up.
--
FAQ for Microsoft Antispyware:

"Karl" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:12ac01c5100a$195f4ac0$(E-Mail Removed)...
> There would be a file in the registry to create the file
> over again that was deleted. You may have to regedit and
> find that file.

anonymous

      16th Feb 2005
I have the same problem with some spyware called
eSyndicate. I have repeatedly removed it, and it comes
right back.

Bill Sanderson

      19th Feb 2005
Is it listed in add or remove programs.
--
FAQ for Microsoft Antispyware:

news:0ded01c51428$6044b4d0$(E-Mail Removed)...