Spyware cannot be deleted

Tim Bates

      27th Apr 2005
I cannot remove a particulary nasty piece of spywear. The
Microsoft antispyware Beta 1 softwear cannot detect it
and it keeps installing 15 icons onto my desktop, opening
up internet explorer and redirecting it to various
websites and it uses it's own homepage as my default
webpage which i cannot change. Can someone please help?
Thanks.

Bill Sanderson

      27th Apr 2005
Giving us the URL of the website might help identify the pest and give you
some directed guideance.

However, you might want to take advantage of Ron Kinner's offer of help:
-----------------------------
Get HijackThis.exe from
http://tomcoyote.org/hjt/hjt199//HijackThis.exe

Save it to C:\hjt (new folder) then Open it and select
Scan and Save Log. Note where you saved the log then
send it to me as an attachment. Put Hijack in the subject
so I'll know it's not spam.

Ron Kinner
Microsoft MVP 2004 & 2005
http://www.pcreview.co.uk/forums/(E-Mail Removed)

--
FAQ for Microsoft Antispyware:

"Tim Bates" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:01d901c54abe$05230530$(E-Mail Removed)...
>I cannot remove a particulary nasty piece of spywear. The
> Microsoft antispyware Beta 1 softwear cannot detect it
> and it keeps installing 15 icons onto my desktop, opening
> up internet explorer and redirecting it to various
> websites and it uses it's own homepage as my default
> webpage which i cannot change. Can someone please help?
> Thanks.

Frank Saunders, MS-MVP IE/OE

      28th Apr 2005
"Tim Bates" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:01d901c54abe$05230530$(E-Mail Removed)
> I cannot remove a particulary nasty piece of spywear. The
> Microsoft antispyware Beta 1 softwear cannot detect it
> and it keeps installing 15 icons onto my desktop, opening
> up internet explorer and redirecting it to various
> websites and it uses it's own homepage as my default
> webpage which i cannot change. Can someone please help?
> Thanks.

Did you try running MSAS in Safe Mode?

--

Frank Saunders, MS-MVP
http://www.fjsmjs.com

jarius

      30th Apr 2005

sure your program is up to date. Tim bates