Jeff Harris

      3rd Aug 2004
I'm having a serious processing issue with SPOOLSV.EXE. I
don't know a ton about Windows, however, in checking the
Windows Task Manager's "Processes" tab. I'm noticing that
the SPOOLSV.EXE is consuming, on average, 60-80% of my
processing power. What's going on? How do I resolve this?
My computer is completely bogged down because of this.

Jose Francisco

      3rd Aug 2004
Greetings,

Try checking your system for spyware since spyware tend to overload a
system.

Read the following website which explains
on how to remove spyware:

http://users.onvol.net/118226-2/xpez...e_spyware.html

"Try these programs to check for any spyware that may be on your system:

Ad-Aware - www.lavasoftusa.com
Spybot - http://www.safer-networking.org/
CWShredder - http://www.spywareinfo.com/~merijn/downloads.html

Try SpyWareBlaster to stop intrusions:

Also see the following links:

http://mvps.org/winhelp2002/unwanted.htm
http://www.microsoft.com/security/articles/spyware.asp"

Thanks and best of luck!

--
Jose Francisco
http://www.xpez.tk
"Jeff Harris" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:a62401c47958$8730ecf0$(E-Mail Removed)...
> I'm having a serious processing issue with SPOOLSV.EXE. I
> don't know a ton about Windows, however, in checking the
> Windows Task Manager's "Processes" tab. I'm noticing that
> the SPOOLSV.EXE is consuming, on average, 60-80% of my
> processing power. What's going on? How do I resolve this?
> My computer is completely bogged down because of this.

Carey Frisch [MVP]

      3rd Aug 2004
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=827315

Download Ad-Aware 6.0 and scan your PC for the presence of spyware
http://download.com.com/3000-2144-10...age&tag=button

Note: Be sure to click on the "Check for updates now" link before scanning.

Symantec Security Check
http://security.symantec.com/sscv6/d...d=ie&venid=sym

3 Steps to Help Insure Your PC is Protected

Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP
Windows XP - Shell/User

Be Smart! Protect your PC!