spell number

=?Utf-8?B?SkFXQUQgQ0hPSEFO?=

      12th Dec 2005
i got the following program in visual basic for change any number in spell
Option Explicit
'Main Function
Function SpellNumber(ByVal MyNumber)
Dim Rupees, Paisa, Temp
Dim DecimalPlace, Count
ReDim Place(9) As String
Place(2) = " Thousand "
Place(3) = " Million "
Place(4) = " Billion "
Place(5) = " Trillion "
' String representation of amount.
MyNumber = Trim(Str(MyNumber))
' Position of decimal place 0 if none.
DecimalPlace = InStr(MyNumber, ".")
' Convert Paisa and set MyNumber to dollar amount.
If DecimalPlace > 0 Then
Paisa = GetTens(Left(Mid(MyNumber, DecimalPlace + 1) & _
"00", 2))
MyNumber = Trim(Left(MyNumber, DecimalPlace - 1))
End If
Count = 1
Do While MyNumber <> ""
Temp = GetHundreds(Right(MyNumber, 3))
If Temp <> "" Then Rupees = Temp & Place(Count) & Rupees
If Len(MyNumber) > 3 Then
MyNumber = Left(MyNumber, Len(MyNumber) - 3)
Else
MyNumber = ""
End If
Count = Count + 1
Loop
Select Case Rupees
Case ""
Rupees = "No Rupees"
Case "One"
Rupees = "One Dollar"
Case Else
Rupees = Rupees & " Rupees"
End Select
Select Case Paisa
Case ""
Paisa = " and No Paisa Only"
Case "One"
Paisa = " and One Cent Only"
Case Else
Paisa = " and " & Paisa & " Paisa"
End Select
SpellNumber = Rupees & Paisa
End Function

' Converts a number from 100-999 into text
Function GetHundreds(ByVal MyNumber)
Dim Result As String
If Val(MyNumber) = 0 Then Exit Function
MyNumber = Right("000" & MyNumber, 3)
' Convert the hundreds place.
If Mid(MyNumber, 1, 1) <> "0" Then
Result = GetDigit(Mid(MyNumber, 1, 1)) & " Hundred "
End If
' Convert the tens and ones place.
If Mid(MyNumber, 2, 1) <> "0" Then
Result = Result & GetTens(Mid(MyNumber, 2))
Else
Result = Result & GetDigit(Mid(MyNumber, 3))
End If
GetHundreds = Result
End Function

' Converts a number from 10 to 99 into text.
Function GetTens(TensText)
Dim Result As String
Result = "" ' Null out the temporary function value.
If Val(Left(TensText, 1)) = 1 Then ' If value between 10-19...
Select Case Val(TensText)
Case 10: Result = "Ten"
Case 11: Result = "Eleven"
Case 12: Result = "Twelve"
Case 13: Result = "Thirteen"
Case 14: Result = "Fourteen"
Case 15: Result = "Fifteen"
Case 16: Result = "Sixteen"
Case 17: Result = "Seventeen"
Case 18: Result = "Eighteen"
Case 19: Result = "Nineteen"
Case Else
End Select
Else ' If value between 20-99...
Select Case Val(Left(TensText, 1))
Case 2: Result = "Twenty "
Case 3: Result = "Thirty "
Case 4: Result = "Forty "
Case 5: Result = "Fifty "
Case 6: Result = "Sixty "
Case 7: Result = "Seventy "
Case 8: Result = "Eighty "
Case 9: Result = "Ninety "
Case Else
End Select
Result = Result & GetDigit _
(Right(TensText, 1)) ' Retrieve ones place.
End If
GetTens = Result
End Function

' Converts a number from 1 to 9 into text.
Function GetDigit(Digit)
Select Case Val(Digit)
Case 1: GetDigit = "One"
Case 2: GetDigit = "Two"
Case 3: GetDigit = "Three"
Case 4: GetDigit = "Four"
Case 5: GetDigit = "Five"
Case 6: GetDigit = "Six"
Case 7: GetDigit = "Seven"
Case 8: GetDigit = "Eight"
Case 9: GetDigit = "Nine"
Case Else: GetDigit = ""
End Select
End Function
when file closed once then it not run again who it un permantly in all
excell sheet

Gord Dibben

      12th Dec 2005
Jawad

Place it in a module in your Personal.xls workbook to make it available for
all open workbooks.

Store your macros in Personal.xls, place it in your XLSTART folder and it will
open when Excel is started.

Personal.xls is created the first time you record a Macro using Macro
Recorder.

Tools>Macro>Record New Macro. A dialog box will come up asking you name the
macro and where to place it. Pick Personal Macro Workbook from the dropdown.
Copy and paste a couple of cells then Stop Recording.

You now have a Personal.xls in your Office\XLSTART folder. You can go to
Visual Basic Editor(Alt+F11) to view the macro you just recorded in a Module.

You can add more macros by recording, typing or copying into the Module.

You can do a File>Save from there or better yet hit ALT + Q to return to the
Excel window.

Then with Personal.xls active, hit Window>Hide.

When you close Excel you will be asked if you want to save Personal.xls. Yes!

It will open hidden next time you start Excel.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP