Specifying publisher for Vista's autorun with HTML file

Kris

      22nd Aug 2007
Hi,

In my autorun.inf file I use the entry below to launch a HTML menu. On
Vista, AutoPlay will show the option "Run index.html - Publisher not
specified".

[autorun]
open=index.html

The 'publisher not specified' makes sense since no publisher has been
specified for the HTML file. However, I was wondering if it is possible
to remove this message, or if it's possible to specify a publisher for
the HTML file.

When dealing with executables you can easily get rid of this message by
digitally signing the application. However, since signing is not
possible for HTML files I was wondering if there's an alternative when
dealing with HTML ?

Thanks,

Steve Easton

      23rd Aug 2007
Instead of using open try using shellexecute

[AUTORUN]
shellexecute=index.html

--

Steve Easton

"Kris" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi,
>
> In my autorun.inf file I use the entry below to launch a HTML menu. On Vista, AutoPlay will show the option
> "Run index.html - Publisher not specified".
>
> [autorun]
> open=index.html
>
> The 'publisher not specified' makes sense since no publisher has been specified for the HTML file. However,
> I was wondering if it is possible to remove this message, or if it's possible to specify a publisher for the
> HTML file.
>
> When dealing with executables you can easily get rid of this message by digitally signing the application.
> However, since signing is not possible for HTML files I was wondering if there's an alternative when dealing
> with HTML ?
>
> Thanks,

Kris

      24th Aug 2007
Steve Easton wrote:
> Instead of using open try using shellexecute

Thanks for the suggestion. But Shellexecute unfortunately also reports
'Publisher not specified'.

Kris