specify size of slideshow regardless of screen size

=?Utf-8?B?c2xnMzIx?=

      1st Mar 2007
How can I set a slideshow to stay at a specified size when displayed? I've
used some images that are not the highest quality. Some are blurred or fuzzy
at full screen, but look OK when shown smaller. Can I set the sideshow to
open at a specified size instead of full screen when it is viewed on
different size monitors? I intend to send the show to a number of peaople,
who have screens that vary from 13.3" laptop to 19" LCD.

Steve Rindsberg

      2nd Mar 2007
In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, Slg321 wrote:
> How can I set a slideshow to stay at a specified size when displayed? I've
> used some images that are not the highest quality. Some are blurred or fuzzy
> at full screen, but look OK when shown smaller. Can I set the sideshow to
> open at a specified size instead of full screen when it is viewed on
> different size monitors? I intend to send the show to a number of peaople,
> who have screens that vary from 13.3" laptop to 19" LCD.

You can choose Slide Show, Set Up Show and set a lower than normal resolution.

For example, if you set it to 800x600, that'd guarantee that your 200 pixel
wide image set to be 1/4 screen wide would never occupy more than 200 pixels
when displayed.

Warning: users might find it annoying to have their resolution changed, even
if it's only while the show's running (which it will be), and lower resolutions
than "native" on LCD screens often make everything, text and all, look mushy.

Steve Rindsberg, PPT MVP
PPT FAQ: www.pptfaq.com
PPTools: www.pptools.com

=?Utf-8?B?c2xnMzIx?=

      2nd Mar 2007
Thanks, Steve ... a thorough answer. I know what you mean about annoying
resoulution changes, and in additon, I prefer that the images and text be
viewed as I entered them.