Speakers stay on when headphones plugged in

=?Utf-8?B?RGFuaWVs?=

      12th Jun 2007
When I plug in my headphones, sound still comes out from the speakers. I
need a way to turn the speakers off so I can use my headphones quietly
without bothering anyone. Any help is appreciated.

Frenchy

      12th Jun 2007

"Daniel" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> When I plug in my headphones, sound still comes out from the speakers. I
> need a way to turn the speakers off so I can use my headphones quietly
> without bothering anyone. Any help is appreciated.

What sound driver are you using (I am assuming it is on-board MoBo sound
card)?

If Realtek HD, then they have updated drivers out a week or so back that
will fix this problem

Frenchy

=?Utf-8?B?RGFuaWVs?=

      13th Jun 2007
I looked in control panel and in manage audio devices, but I can't find any
setting to mute the speakers. I also looked in device manager and it doesn't
show what my sound card is.