SP4 & Fax service

Neil Gould

      30th Jul 2008
Hi all,

Since applying SP4, I have been unable to receive faxes. Fax Service shuts
down shortly after starting regardless of whether it is set to manual or
auto. Does anyone know if SP4 "broke" this function?

Thx,

Neil

Meinolf Weber

      31st Jul 2008
Hello Neil,

Since you are now on SP4 i would suggest to install ALL updates from windowsupdate.com
before going on.

Best regards

Meinolf Weber
no rights.

> Hi all,
>
> Since applying SP4, I have been unable to receive faxes. Fax Service
> shuts down shortly after starting regardless of whether it is set to
> manual or auto. Does anyone know if SP4 "broke" this function?
>
> Thx,
>
> Neil

Neil Gould

      31st Jul 2008
Hello Meinolf,

That has already been done. Any ideas about why the fax service would stop?

Best,

Neil