william smith

      7th Dec 2004
HI ! To all___I am just about ready to format and reinstall XP pro__I will
not use SP1 or SP2 until I am sure that ALL **** problems have been
resolved___does this mean that I will never install MS updates!!who knows__I
look at all the newsgroups regarding XP__and see that many user's have had
their computers trashed__I have had enough

With Kind Regards From WillofAustralia

Leythos

      7th Dec 2004
> HI ! To all___I am just about ready to format and reinstall XP pro__I will
> not use SP1 or SP2 until I am sure that ALL **** problems have been
> resolved___does this mean that I will never install MS updates!!who knows__I
> look at all the newsgroups regarding XP__and see that many user's have had
> their computers trashed__I have had enough

If you are doing a clean install, then once the system is up and
running, and you've made sure that your computer supports SP2 on the
vendors site, just install SP2 and join the rest of us with problem free
SP2 machines.

(E-Mail Removed)
(Remove 999 to reply to me)

Alan White

      7th Dec 2004
SP2 installed quickly and easily. Glad I added it to both my machines. The
few problems that occur to some, are vastly outweighed by the millions and
millions of successful installations.

"Leythos" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, (E-Mail Removed) says...
>> HI ! To all___I am just about ready to format and reinstall XP pro__I
>> will
>> not use SP1 or SP2 until I am sure that ALL **** problems have been
>> resolved___does this mean that I will never install MS updates!!who
>> knows__I
>> look at all the newsgroups regarding XP__and see that many user's have
>> had
>> their computers trashed__I have had enough

> If you are doing a clean install, then once the system is up and
> running, and you've made sure that your computer supports SP2 on the
> vendors site, just install SP2 and join the rest of us with problem free
> SP2 machines.

> (E-Mail Removed)
> (Remove 999 to reply to me)

Larry(LJL269)

      7th Dec 2004
On Tue, 07 Dec 2004 03:32:06 GMT, "william smith"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>HI ! To all___I am just about ready to format and reinstall XP pro__I will
>not use SP1 or SP2 until I am sure that ALL **** problems have been
>resolved___does this mean that I will never install MS updates!!who knows__I
>look at all the newsgroups regarding XP__and see that many user's have had
>their computers trashed__I have had enough
>
>With Kind Regards From WillofAustralia

I just updated XP that had NONE done since SP1. Thats 10
updates then SP2 + then 1 more done in 12hrs. All went well
except 1st attempt at SP2 HUNG. 2nd where I added disabling
ZApro & ScreenSaver worked OK. Note u must have ~2GB free
space. Not sure if this is on the HD or partition.

I was using this as an acid test 4 SP2 which I judged it
passed. I dont like being a lab rat 4 MS either!!

HTH-Larry

Any advise given is my attempt to show appreciation for all
the excellent help I've received here but I'm no MVP so it
may only apply NUGS (Normally, Usually, Generally, Sometimes