John Lennon

      16th Jan 2009
I've had to re-format my drive. This is the forth time over three years, but
in reloading all updates and software xp sp2 will not download and install.
I've tried three times all to fail with the error message Error Code:
0x80072F78 . I have tried to upgrade to sp3 twice in the past with
unfavorable responses, so I've just stayed with sp2, but now I cannot even
get it to install. Anyone with any suggestions as to why I cannot update to
this package would be very appreciated. sp3 takes away some of the more
common features such as not being able to use my memory card slot at all.
I'm on a Toshiba Satellite M45-2692.
Thank you.

PassPlay

      16th Jan 2009
Try these possible fixes

"John Lennon" wrote:

> I've had to re-format my drive. This is the forth time over three years, but
> in reloading all updates and software xp sp2 will not download and install.
> I've tried three times all to fail with the error message Error Code:
> 0x80072F78 . I have tried to upgrade to sp3 twice in the past with
> unfavorable responses, so I've just stayed with sp2, but now I cannot even
> get it to install. Anyone with any suggestions as to why I cannot update to
> this package would be very appreciated. sp3 takes away some of the more
> common features such as not being able to use my memory card slot at all.
> I'm on a Toshiba Satellite M45-2692.
> Thank you.

TaurArian

      16th Jan 2009
John Lennon wrote:
:: I've had to re-format my drive. This is the forth time over three
:: years, but in reloading all updates and software xp sp2 will not
:: download and install. I've tried three times all to fail with the
:: error message Error Code: 0x80072F78 . I have tried to upgrade to
:: sp3 twice in the past with unfavorable responses, so I've just
:: stayed with sp2, but now I cannot even get it to install. Anyone
:: with any suggestions as to why I cannot update to this package would
:: be very appreciated. sp3 takes away some of the more common
:: features such as not being able to use my memory card slot at all.
:: I'm on a Toshiba Satellite M45-2692.
:: Thank you.

Windows XP Service Pack 2 - download (for single PCs also)

Are You Ready for WinXP SP2?
http://support.microsoft.com/default...r=windowsxpsp2

--

TaurArian [MVP] 2005-2009 - Update Services
http://taurarian.mvps.org