Sound stopped working

Starlin Dotson

      24th Feb 2010
I have a Dell Dimension 8200 desktop and the sound has stopped working. I
have checked all the settings to make sure that the sound is not turned off
or turned down. I checked in the BIOS to made sure the sound is not turned
off there. I tried another set of speakers. I have reinstalled the
drivers, even went to the venders website and downloaded the lastest drivers
and installed them. The sound card is a Turtle Beach Santa Cruz and the
device manager says that the sound card is working properly. I have checked
and double checked all the settings but can get no sound. Any help will be
appreciated.
Thanks
Starlin

smlunatick

      24th Feb 2010
On Feb 24, 12:18*am, "Starlin Dotson" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> I have a Dell Dimension 8200 desktop and the sound has stopped working. *I
> have checked all the settings to make sure that the sound is not turned off
> or turned down. *I checked in the BIOS to made sure the sound is not turned
> off there. *I tried another set of speakers. *I have reinstalled the
> drivers, even went to the venders website and downloaded the lastest drivers
> and installed them. The sound card is a Turtle Beach Santa Cruz and the
> device manager says that the sound card is working properly. I have checked
> and double checked all the settings but can get no sound. *Any help will be
> appreciated.
> Thanks
> Starlin

Check the speakers with a radio or MP3 player, if they use a standard
1/8 inch stereo jack.

S Dotson

      3rd Mar 2010

Thanks smlunatick for the advice. The speakers are working okay. I have
ordered a new sound card. Hope that takes care of the problem. I plugged in
a ear bud into the from of the computer and I can hear sound with that in my
ear. I wonder what that says about the sound card? Anyway I have a sound
card on the way and will install it when I get it.
Thanks.
"smlunatick" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
On Feb 24, 12:18 am, "Starlin Dotson" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> I have a Dell Dimension 8200 desktop and the sound has stopped working. I
> have checked all the settings to make sure that the sound is not turned
> off
> or turned down. I checked in the BIOS to made sure the sound is not turned
> off there. I tried another set of speakers. I have reinstalled the
> drivers, even went to the venders website and downloaded the lastest
> drivers
> and installed them. The sound card is a Turtle Beach Santa Cruz and the
> device manager says that the sound card is working properly. I have
> checked
> and double checked all the settings but can get no sound. Any help will be
> appreciated.
> Thanks
> Starlin

Check the speakers with a radio or MP3 player, if they use a standard
1/8 inch stereo jack.

S Dotson

      4th Mar 2010
Correction: That should be "front" of the computer instead of "from" of the
computer. Thanks.
news:%(E-Mail Removed)...