sound recorder stopped working

rguse

      13th Jul 2003
My sound recorder stopped working, that's not a big deal
for me but now if I try to chat I get the error message
that my system doesn't support audio compression. I've
looked for a fix on all the support sites but I cannot
find this problem listed anywhere. Anyone have any ideas?

Lawrence

      14th Jul 2003
Hi,

Sorry I do not have a specific answer, but have you tried the Microsoft
Knowledge Base?
It can be very helpful, if you submit a good query....
Here's an article I just got from it by searching for the exact phrase
'audio compression' then following one of the links that came up:

If it does not solve the problem, try the links listed in the reference
section at the bottom of the page.... (you might want to bookmark
http://support.microsoft.com/ )

I hope it helps you,
-Lawrence in Seattle

news:050701c34946$a5586d40$(E-Mail Removed)...