sound recorder mic not working

ppttr47

      13th Apr 2007
Hello,
I have a monitor (1998 hp) with a built in microphone and was used with win
98 SE. The newer hard drive has win xp pro. The sound recorder worked fine
with the old system but now it will not record - the line stays flat when
speaking at the monitor. Also, I have cassette tapes that I want to record
to burn or send via email but connecting the line out from the cassette
player to the mic input jack does not work either. How can I activate the
mic? It is not muted in the volume control panel. I have a usb head/mic set
that I use with Net2phone and it works fine.

PaulP

=?Utf-8?B?QW5kcmV3IEUu?=

      13th Apr 2007
Try R.clicking the speaker by the clock,selectpen volume control,options,
properties,chk the recording box from playback.Chk the mic in,adjust the
volume....Also,"sound recorder" only records .30 seconds or less,download
windows media encoder 9 series,select capture audio/video in the encoder.Also
try useing the "line-in" port instead of the mic