Sound Level Control Stuck on Desktop?

Dan

      31st May 2005
Running Windows XP Pro SP2 on a laptop and the volume control activated
from the system tray will get stuck on the desktop, even multiple
copies, and I can't remove them. How can I fix this?

TIA,
Dan

=?Utf-8?B?Sm9ueWJydg==?=

      31st May 2005

Other than this issue audio works normally ?

At rare cases, it may take some time to load when you activate it from
systray. This again depends on the usage of applications at that moment. At
this situation, too many clicks on it may active multiple copies of volume
control. Double click once and wait for a few seconds to see if it opens
normally.

--
Jonybrv

"Dan" wrote:

> Running Windows XP Pro SP2 on a laptop and the volume control activated
> from the system tray will get stuck on the desktop, even multiple
> copies, and I can't remove them. How can I fix this?
>
> TIA,
> Dan

Peter Foldes

      31st May 2005
Have you tried to right click on icon in tray to see if any options are there to close or exit. Or on the open dialogue box itself.

--
Peter

"Dan" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:rSPme.8672$(E-Mail Removed)-kc.rr.com...
> Running Windows XP Pro SP2 on a laptop and the volume control activated
> from the system tray will get stuck on the desktop, even multiple
> copies, and I can't remove them. How can I fix this?
>
> TIA,
> Dan

Bob I

      31st May 2005
Alt+F4

Dan wrote:

> Running Windows XP Pro SP2 on a laptop and the volume control activated
> from the system tray will get stuck on the desktop, even multiple
> copies, and I can't remove them. How can I fix this?
>
> TIA,
> Dan

Dan

      1st Jun 2005
Jonybrv wrote:
> Other than this issue audio works normally ?
>
> At rare cases, it may take some time to load when you activate it from
> systray. This again depends on the usage of applications at that moment. At
> this situation, too many clicks on it may active multiple copies of volume
> control. Double click once and wait for a few seconds to see if it opens
> normally.

Audio works fine. I am not clicking too much. See my original post.

Dan

      1st Jun 2005
Peter Foldes wrote:
> Have you tried to right click on icon in tray to see if any options are there to close or exit. Or on the open dialogue box itself.

It is the small volume control that is taller than wide; it has no
window controls.

=?Utf-8?B?Sm9ueWJydg==?=

      1st Jun 2005
ALT+ F4 as said by Bob.

However, this Volume control should close automatically when you click on
other windows in your taskbar. If not, once right click on Speaker icon and
click on any other application you have opened.

--
Jonybrv

"Dan" wrote:

> Peter Foldes wrote:
> > Have you tried to right click on icon in tray to see if any options are there to close or exit. Or on the open dialogue box itself.
> >

> It is the small volume control that is taller than wide; it has no
> window controls.

New Member

      25th Jun 2013
Open task manager Ctrl-Alt-Delete. Master Volume Application will show for the multiple applications that are stuck on the desktop. Start at the bottom and select end task on each one until they are all closed.