PC Review

Sound Device (VIA AC '97 Audio Controller)

22nd Sep 2004
hey guys got a tough problem, randomly a few days ago my ac97 audio controller went to crap. I started getting blue screen errors all over the place and directx said that the ac97 audio controller was having major problems. Here is a sample error:

DirectSound test results: Failure at step 3 (DirectSoundCreate): HRESULT = 0x88780032 (error code)

I got this when i tried to test the sound. I tried going back to the drivers that originally came with the motherboard and i also tried the new drivers from realtek (A3.63) with no luck. With all of them it still gave me the same errors. I can still hear sound in windows media player and other basic programs but when i try to play games it just gives me blue screen errors and crashes. Please help

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On