Sound Blaster - Creative Sound Card Drivers

siljaline

      19th May 2009
X-Post ~
Customer has just had a full hard drive wipe and reinstall by a reputable PC shop.
Now fully repatched to SP3.

Issue remaining is getting sound to work.

Ex MS MVP (me) doing final tweaks on box.

Where can I get drivers for this sound card?
SB Audigy 2 E800 Card.

No drivers from http://support.creative.com will work.

Tried auto-update, no joy, suggestions, tips, pointers appreciated.

Silj

--
<http://msmvps.com/blogs/siljaline/default.aspx>

Mike Hall - MVP

      19th May 2009
"siljaline" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
X-Post ~
Customer has just had a full hard drive wipe and reinstall by a reputable PC
shop.
Now fully repatched to SP3.

Issue remaining is getting sound to work.

Ex MS MVP (me) doing final tweaks on box.

Where can I get drivers for this sound card?
SB Audigy 2 E800 Card.

No drivers from http://support.creative.com will work.

Tried auto-update, no joy, suggestions, tips, pointers appreciated.

Silj

--
<http://msmvps.com/blogs/siljaline/default.aspx>

Contacted you through your blog contact.. hope they work.. :-)

--

Mike Hall - MVP Windows Experience
http://msmvps.com/blogs/mikehall/

Haggis

      19th May 2009

"dadiOH" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> siljaline wrote:
>> X-Post ~
>> Customer has just had a full hard drive wipe and reinstall by a
>> reputable PC shop.
>> Now fully repatched to SP3.
>>
>> Issue remaining is getting sound to work.
>>
>> Ex MS MVP (me) doing final tweaks on box.
>>
>> Where can I get drivers for this sound card?
>> SB Audigy 2 E800 Card.
>>
>> No drivers from http://support.creative.com will work.
>>
>> Tried auto-update, no joy, suggestions, tips, pointers appreciated.

> I'm assuming that the customer no longer has the install CD that came with
> the card? Can you call up Windows Volume Control; i.e., is a mixer
> installed?
>
> dadiOH

this is one of the links for the driver ....it did not work ??

http://support.creative.com/Products...=Sound+Blaster

siljaline

      19th May 2009
Mike Hall - MVP wrote:
<snip>
> Contacted you through your blog contact.. hope they work.. :-)

Got it, note sent back to you, thanks !

Silj

--
<http://msmvps.com/blogs/siljaline/default.aspx>

siljaline

      19th May 2009
dadiOH wrote:
<snip>
> I'm assuming that the customer no longer has the install CD that came with
> the card? Can you call up Windows Volume Control; i.e., is a mixer
> installed?

Yup, original installation CD's didn't work, there is something that is just not working.
Volume works, hisses though, at best.
When you say "mixer" - *define* please.

I'm beginning that the sound card has gone tit*s-up.

Silj

--
<http://msmvps.com/blogs/siljaline/default.aspx>

siljaline

      19th May 2009
Haggis wrote:
<snip>
> this is one of the links for the driver ....it did not work ??
>
> http://support.creative.com/Products...=Sound+Blaster

Nada - Creative Support is not user-friendly, at all.

Silj

--
<http://msmvps.com/blogs/siljaline/default.aspx>

Don Phillipson

      19th May 2009
"siljaline" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> Customer has just had a full hard drive wipe and reinstall by a reputable

PC shop.
> Now fully repatched to SP3.
> Issue remaining is getting sound to work.
> Ex MS MVP (me) doing final tweaks on box.
> Where can I get drivers for this sound card?
> SB Audigy 2 E800 Card.
> No drivers from http://support.creative.com will work.

We need to see the list of what you have already
checked. E.g. most motherboards come with
Sound on Board, which means the BIOS has to
set this item OFF before a SB card will work.
(Que publishes good checklists in PC Help Desk
in a Box.)

--
Don Phillipson
Carlsbad Springs

dadiOH

      19th May 2009
siljaline wrote:
> X-Post ~
> Customer has just had a full hard drive wipe and reinstall by a
> reputable PC shop.
> Now fully repatched to SP3.
>
> Issue remaining is getting sound to work.
>
> Ex MS MVP (me) doing final tweaks on box.
>
> Where can I get drivers for this sound card?
> SB Audigy 2 E800 Card.
>
> No drivers from http://support.creative.com will work.
>
> Tried auto-update, no joy, suggestions, tips, pointers appreciated.

I'm assuming that the customer no longer has the install CD that came with
the card? Can you call up Windows Volume Control; i.e., is a mixer
installed?

dadiOH

smlunatick

      19th May 2009
On May 19, 4:50*pm, "siljaline" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> X-Post ~
> Customer has just had a full hard drive wipe and reinstall by a reputablePC shop.
> Now fully repatched to SP3.
>
> Issue remaining is getting sound to work.
>
> Ex MS MVP (me) doing final tweaks on box.
>
> Where can I get drivers for this sound card?
> SB Audigy 2 E800 Card.
>
> No drivers fromhttp://support.creative.comwill work.
>
> Tried auto-update, no joy, suggestions, tips, pointers appreciated.
>
> Silj
>
> --
> <http://msmvps.com/blogs/siljaline/default.aspx>

Have you reinstalled the motherboard chipset drivers? These may help.

siljaline

      19th May 2009
smlunatick wrote:
<snip>
Have you reinstalled the motherboard chipset drivers? These may help.

Haven't ventured into the BIOS or MOBO yet, as this would be last-ditch.

Silj

--
<http://msmvps.com/blogs/siljaline/default.aspx>