Some GPO is driving me crazy

=?Utf-8?B?R2VvcmdlSw==?=

      16th Mar 2005
Hello everybody,

I'm trying to install an application in a Terminal Server and I keep
receiving a message "The administrator has set policies to prevent this
installation". The funniest part is that this is an upgrade of the program
that I could install with no problem last week.

I've checked GPO for software settings and there is none. I've log in to the
server locally without joining the domain and same story. I've added software
settings to try to overwrite I don't know what policy and no luck. I read KB
824526 and 324036 thousand times to try to find out what's going on and no
luck :-(

Does anybody have an idea where I can find the policy that it's preventing
me form installing this application upgrade in the terminal server?

Thank you so much,

Jorge

=?Utf-8?B?R2VvcmdlSw==?=

      16th Mar 2005
I found the problem with a little help from Google and Torgeir. Read above
(found at
http://www.windowsforumz.com/-System...ict182699.html):

>Hi
>
>Verify that the registry value DisableMSI under the key
>
>HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\Installer>
>
>is NOT set to 1 or 2 (if it doesn't exist, it will default to 0 >for
>WinXP or earlier)
>
>If it is set to 1 or 2, change it to 0.
>
>Machine Policies: DisableMSI
>http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en->us/msi/setup/disablemsi.asp
>

>--
>torgeir, Microsoft MVP Scripting and WMI, Porsgrunn Norway
>Administration scripting examples and an ONLINE version of
>the 1328 page Scripting Guide:
>http://www.microsoft.com/technet/scr...r/default.mspx

Thank you everybody and have a nice day!

Jorge