SMTP Relaying Help

Backup

      24th May 2005
SMTP Relaying Help

I am trying to configure an exchange server to relay email, and it seems
that all I get in response is the following:

Action: failed

Diagnostic-Code: smtp;550 5.7.1 Unable to relay for (E-Mail Removed)

Can anyone help me with this.

David H. Lipman

      24th May 2005
From: "Backup" <(E-Mail Removed)>

| SMTP Relaying Help
|
| I am trying to configure an exchange server to relay email, and it seems
| that all I get in response is the following:
|
| Action: failed

| Diagnostic-Code: smtp;550 5.7.1 Unable to relay for (E-Mail Removed)
|
| Can anyone help me with this.

All those News groups and NOT ONE is a MS Exchane News Group.
What is a clueless person doing setting up an Exchange Server ? Spam maybe !

--
Dave
http://www.ik-cs.com/got-a-virus.htm

NewGuy

      24th May 2005
pfft

Why they want is for an existing exchange server to relay email to another
exchange server, but the 2nd exchange server is in a different forest.

Thus they don't want to build any trust relations between the two servers.

Also, why is it that people have to reply with "crap" that doesn't even help
the person asking the question now does it?

It's known by your statement that you also don't know a thing about exchange
or you would have been more than happy to help him.

I know some about exchange but I am having somewhat of the same issue as
Backup.

And I would also like to see it answered.

There is a name for people like you.. And that name is "Troll"

Robert Moir

      24th May 2005
NewGuy wrote:

> Also, why is it that people have to reply with "crap" that doesn't
> even help the person asking the question now does it?

What is unhelpful about suggesting people post exchange questions in an
exchange newsgroup. I would say that posting a question to the forum where
its actually supported *greatly* increases the chances of getting a good
answer!

Rob Moir
Website - http://www.robertmoir.co.uk
Virtual PC 2004 FAQ - http://www.robertmoir.co.uk/win/VirtualPC2004FAQ.html
Kazaa - Software update services for your Viruses and Spyware.

Tom Pepper Willett

      24th May 2005
And, where is the exchange newsgroup in all this cross-posting?
Dave's answer was right on target.
If you'd like to see it answered, why not post in the appropriate newsgroup?

Tom
news:(E-Mail Removed)...