for (E-Mail Removed)
Data: System.Collections.ListDictionaryInternal
TargetSite: System.Net.Mail.MailWriter SendMail(System.Net.Mail.MailAddress,
System.Net.Mail.MailAddressCollection, System.String,
System.Net.Mail.SmtpFailedRecipientException ByRef)
HelpLink: NULL
Source: System

There is no mailbox here, just the virtual server.

The way I can make it work is to go into the properties for the SMTP Virtual
Server and go to Access/Relay and add 127.0.0.1 to only allow relay from
only this machine.

Is this the proper way to do it?

Thanks,

Tom

bruce barker

      5th May 2008
the smtp virtual needs some valid smtp server it can relay thru.
generally the smtp server will require a login (which you can configure
the virtual server to supply).

I assume you are planning on using your smtp server, talk to your
network people and get the port number and login the virtual server will
need. then configure the client virtual relay to use these settings.

the client may need to configure their firewall to allow smtp out from
the virtual server.

-- bruce (sqlwork.com)